Language dictionaries.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by igmolinav, Aug 31, 2005.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Is there a language software or dictionaries, one may be able to use with an Apple computer ?

*I have used the Oxford Superlex Dictionary for Windows and I wonder if there is any other software that may be able to give me support in an Apple computer in all of the following languages: Spanish, English, French, and German. Any dictionary that you may mention, will be very helpful.

Since I don´t own yet an Apple computer, I don´t know if apple has its own dictionaries.

2. flaith macrumors newbie

i'm looking for one of these as well - specifically with english-spanish

i found WordAce and Ultralingua (features on apple.com) to be the most promising
    i've downloaded Ultralingua for a trial (couldn't find wordAce for download) and it seems pretty good - does grammar and conjugates too

thinking of buying it ~$30 but would be interested in hearing if anyone else had opinions on these or other packages

there is an english dictionary included in tiger and it's pretty good. i don't know if it forms the basis for any multilingual products though