Language translation widget is busted.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lamina, Mar 6, 2007.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

So, I use my language translation widget a lot, since I have 3 Korean conversation partners.

The past few days it has been not working at all. I can't even click on the little i to look at the rear pane. I can't type in it at all.

I've tried removing it and re-adding it, but the same thing happens.

I am wondering if there is a preference file somewhere that I can delete?

Attached Files:

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

You could try repairing permissions. But it's been real flakey for me too.

3. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

There is a Dashboard preferences file in your /Library/Preferences folder. You could try deleting that.

Slightly off-topic: are you learning Korean? If so, that's pretty cool.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If deleting the preference file doesn't help (it's called com.apple.widget.translation.plist and Spotlight will find it for you), then clear out the Dashboard cache by emptying a folder named DashboardClient in your Caches folder, within your Library. :)

5. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

Removing the plist file helped! Thanks CaptainHaddock and Mad Jew (as always)

Rather on topic: I am teaching English to Korean students who are studying English at my university. I am a 'conversation partner', aka 'a guy who thinks Asian chicks are hot and is taking advantage of the fact that they don't know English as an excuse to spend time with said hot chicks'...

They also teach me a little Korean, but I am quite far from being able to read a single word. You should see when they type... the little pictures grow on themselves as they type... it's pretty amazing.

6. DaAngel macrumors newbie

i been having the same problem whit my dashborad client

hello, before anything sorry for my english, si too bad, well, a few minutes ago my dashborad star to have problems, simply dont want to do any traductions and only shows the traduction on any idoma to chines or english
    ("ingles" or "chino(han simplificado)" )
    well, i try to do the same thing but it wont work,
    so pleaese help me, im stock with this
    thanks.