Laptop always "Vibrating?"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 22, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

sukanas

ive never had a laptop before but ive noticed when i kept my laptop in my lap, i could feel it vibrating a little. its not violent or anything but im thinking its the hard drive. is the hard drive supposed always be spinning fast enough where u can feel the laptop move a little?

well the vibration is not to to the point where im like "omg" but its like a little 'hum' feeling... i unno if that was a good explanation but yeah

2. macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Could be if the hard drive isn't secured properly. Open it up (assuming you can, I don't know if you have MB or MBP and what gen) and make sure it's seated firmly.

3. macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

All laptops will have something inside that will move, if it's not the hard-drive then it's the fan. Even on notebooks with solid-state drives, they still have the fan that will spin.

Therefore I think it's perfectly normal for it to vibrate a little... if you think it's vibrates alot! Stick in a CD-ROM/DVD!! :D Though, Apple does recommend you don't use their portable computers on your lap.

4. macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Save a CD/DVD drive, a spinning hard drive is the only thing that should have enough rotational velocity and mass to make the laptop vibrate noticeably. If a fan can make it vibrate noticeably, you've got issues.