Laptop bag/sleeve for Macbook Pro 17"...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jpa.herron, Feb 28, 2007.

1. jpa.herron macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2007
    Been trawling through the site for suggestions.

I've recently gone self-employed, working from home, so splurged out on a new C2D MBP 17". I'm looking for the best way of protecting it while on the move.

I use it most of the time as a desktop replacement... might get a second monitor at some point in the future, but for now the 17" widescreen is plenty. About once a week, I need to travel to Clients offices, & do a bit of on-site work. This was one of the deciding factors in getting a laptop rather than a desktop.

Anyway, I'm looking for a bag and/or sleeve that would be able to accommodate the MBP, power cable, mouse, USB external drive, ipod & possibly a few documents so I can bring the whole 'office' with me. At the minute, I pack everything back into the original box & use that.

These have caught my eye so far...

I'm drawn towards the marware sportfolio as its customized exactly for what I need... but I'm open to all recommendations.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    Good question - now i don't have to ask today :D

I was going to get (all of this went thru my head THIS MORNING) a incase neoprene sleeve, but then i don't know if it will fit in my current Targus Backpack.

So maybe i should get the one with handles......

But then, maybe i'll just get the incase Sling. Which is now at the top of the stack i printed. I think for my light travel needs - it will work the best. I can put my iPod and other crap in there. My biggest problem is that it won't hold my camera (20d). I think i can get around that problem next week when i fly. Otherwise, i'll be ok.....

I want the Timbuk2 Blogger bag, but i never heard on whether it fit the 17" (someone on here ordered it to try). It will be CLOSE based on the measurements of the area......
  3. eluk macrumors 6502a

Dec 14, 2006
    East London, UK
    I've had a STM large convertible for a while now and am well pleased with it.