Laptop Case for Macbook 13.3inch? Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rjsbass, Dec 4, 2006.

1. rjsbass macrumors member

Hey guys I was looking around for a case for my macbook, preferably a backpack. I came upon two main backpacks that seem to fit the macbook nicely: the STM small loop; crumpler's salary sacrifice. does anyone have experience with these backpacks or any other laptop carrying case for the macbook? thanks.

2. Radam macrumors member

i have the Stm Alley for my macbook pro and i love it, its really little and fits my books, MBP, mouse, charger, basicly everything i need.

3. jimijay macrumors newbie

I have an Incase bag that doubles as a sleeve or can add the shoulder strap for a small messenger. I bought the MBP 15'' for my MB so I'd have a bit of room for a small book. Case logic also makes a very organized MB case.

4. Spud Murphy macrumors newbie

Spud Murphy

If you are looking for just a sleeve rather than a backpack then I can recommend the STM Glove, fits the Macbook very well and has kept my Macbook safe from knocks and bangs when in my backpack. Got mine from Radtech who's delivery and customer service was exceptional despite me being in the UK.

5. rjsbass thread starter macrumors member

err i don't really trust the sleeves for laptops..is it protective?

6. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

I too was considering one of STM's sleeves. One is the "Glove" as mentioned above and the other is a gray on called the "Rebound" does anyone have any information that might make my decision between these two easier? FYI for a C2D MB. TIA

7. Locatel macrumors regular

The Glove will protect the MB from scratches and light bumps and should be used in conjunction with a more reinforced bag for transportation. As the name says, it fits tight like a glove. The Rebound offers a lot more protection, it's thicker (but still compact) and the material it is made of really absorbs heavier shocks, it's very nice, and if you use it with a bag you'll be even more protected, of course.

8. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

9. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I have a Tucano second skin for my powerbook. There is obviously a limit to how much protection a sleeve can give but they protect against minor knocks, scratches and dust.

I always carry my laptop in one of these in a NorthFace rucksack.

I'm looking ata STM glove for my new macbook. The INcase sleeves seem to be a looser fit than I'd like. Anyone have an incase sleeve for their macbook?

10. mckvakk macrumors regular

if you want a backpack, go with one for the 15" ones and use a sleeve, then you have a bag for future upgrades too:)

11. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

the only thing bad about the rebound is that weird emblem/logo at the bottom right =(

12. rjsbass thread starter macrumors member

Heh I don't plan to "upgrade". I prefer smaller laptops to larger ones =D. For gaming I use my PC desktop anyway so i don't need laptops with SUPER speed

13. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

yeah i never understood ppl who wanted gaming laptops, laptops are for portability.

14. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

mine fits in an xs timbuk2 messenger perfectly. :)

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

But other than that you'd recommend it over the Glove?

16. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

So the Rebound is highly recommended over the Glove? I plan on placing the MB in the sleeve and into a notebook backpack.

17. colema01 macrumors newbie

18. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I placed an order and I believe it shipped already. I'm going to cancel though. I believe I am on 'overkill' mode. I already purchased the BestSkinsEver full body skin, deciding on a sleeve and already purchased/has been shipped Notebook Backpack. I really don't need the Speck See-Thru case though it does look nice and offers much protection. At least I can use the $65 towards more RAM :D

19. Locatel macrumors regular

It really depends on how you are going to use it. The Glove doesn't add any considerable volume to the MB. The Rebound offers more protection but makes the MB a bit thicker overall.

20. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Well it'll be placed within this. What do you think? The rebound is only $5 more with more protection....I guess I'll have to checkout the backpack first.

21. Locatel macrumors regular

After reading some of the customers reviews on the backpack, I would go for the Rebound, it will problably fit better and you will also have better protection on the top (one of the pointed out flaws of the backpack).

22. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Thanks so much!!