Laptop or IPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cjshino, Nov 9, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Whats better in my situation. An upgrade from 4 to 4s because i want a faster phone for gaming and web? (Unlocked used on tmobile) Or a new laptop for basic needs such as web, schoolwork and some casual gaming? Both are almost the same price

2. macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

well.. a laptop will be much better for gaming lol. You can get a *decent* laptop for $500 these days.

3. macrumors 65816

Up to your personal needs & which one you need more urgently. You can make do with a normal phone for calls, but some things that are done on a laptop cannot be duplicated on a separate platform. Depends.

4. macrumors 68020

I would probably say a laptop would be better in your situation. The 4 can't be that horribly slow with iOS 6 installed on it. And plus, the 4S really isn't that huge of an upgrade from the 4.

5. macrumors 65816

For the sake of proving your last sentence wrong, I saw this post a while back. Take a look.

6. macrumors 68020

Faster chip and Siri are really the "big" differences between the two that would matter to me (Again, I'm speaking for myself since I do not play any games on my iPhone). For the OP the faster chip would make a difference for gaming, but he should using a laptop for the optimal experience.

7. macrumors 65816

designs216

For me personally, I'd go for the laptop, it's just a more productive and versatile tool.

8. macrumors newbie

9. macrumors 65816

Perhaps the question would have been a tad more challenging if it was between the iPad & a laptop.

Then again, iOS is really limited in terms of Micro Office related stuff, IMO. That's something that PCs always win. For now.

10. macrumors 68000

Sital

I'd choose the laptop everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

11. macrumors 6502

You should get the laptop. A phone is still a phone.

12. macrumors 601

Define your criteria for better. Or make a list of your priorities and you'll have your answer.

You're not "proving his last sentence wrong". A list of improvements doesn't change a person's perception of the importance of the improvements. You're confusing the two and assuming them to be one and the same. As stated above, this is a subjective matter and the answer depends on the person asking.

A laptop is still a laptop.

13. macrumors 6502a

I scored a Dell E4300 business class laptop
    c2d 2.4
    ddr3 3gb
    160 hd
    13" widescreen
    backlight keyb
    working battery
    power adapter (with car 12v socket too)

all for less than $150 on ebay

more than capable machine for your tasks unless you want a Mac.
    I have iPhone 4, never used 4S so I can't tell the difference.

Good luck hunting