laptop/pc monitor switch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sikkinixx, Aug 7, 2005.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I recently got a 12"pb and just got a new viewsonic 19" lcd (vx924, it rocks for games so far :D ) and i was just wondering if anybody knew about a switch of some kind that allows you to hook up your mouse/keyboard & monitor to the switch then you can plug it into your pc and laptop into the switch so you can change between the two. some dude is bestbuy was talking about it but he said they dont sell them there. Anyone know? i hate to unplug and plug in cables everytime i wanna do something on my desk with my laptop

2. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Sounds like you after a KVM switch, keyboard, video, mouse :)

I'm sure someone else whos more knolageable on the subject can give some advice on what to look for exactly :)

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

hmmm i;ve looked at some but i have yet to find any ones with a DVI connection :(

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

5. wako macrumors 65816

BBY does sell KVM switches...

If you plan on gaming, i HIGHLY recommend you find something different then a KVM switch. The problem with KVM switches if that you can experience a lag delay. I been looking for switches that can eliminate that but it seems many if not all of them have a delay in the inputs. Its really frustrating for me since I play FPS games.