Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Hi,

I hate to ask this question here, but I'm going to purchase a dual 2.5 Powermac, but it will have to replace my Windows laptop. Btw I already have a 12inch Powerbook 1.33ghz.
This may seem a ridiculous question, but I don't really have a clue how much I can get for my Windows laptop, its P4 3.4ghz, 1gb RAM, Nvidia go5700, 120gb hd, wireless g,m7 in 1 card reader, dvd-rw, 17 inch display, microsoft office 2004, photoshop. I really hate to ask this question here, but how much do you reckon I can get for this?
Btw I asked here as it is Mac related and I don't know any PC forum sites. Sorry.

Thanx in advance

AdmittedPCuser

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
Wow, with a P4 3.4GHz that thing must be brand new... it probably only runs 4.5 minutes on battery power, huh? That's the one thing I never liked about mobile Intel chips, although I guess Centrino has somewhat solved that problem. Imagine Windows/Intel users having to deal with slower Centrino clock speeds... "Oh, no, what do you mean it's only a 1.5GHz... Intel marketing has told me I need at least 8.6GHz to surf the web..." Not making fun of anyone, that was me before I saw the light and used an Apple :D but I digress...

Why don't you check the Dell UK site and build a comparable machine, although I think all of their notebooks max out at 3.2GHz? And I'd probably add the RAM using a third-party price instead of Dell.

Another option, since it's fairly new (a couple of months maybe?), why don't you check the current price for the machine you bought and sell it at a discount?

And finally, isn't this close to your specs: http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?TXT=INFO&PNO=TOS18027?

PS. What brand is the notebook?

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Its an Acer 1714smi, they dont make em no more, and I paid £2100, should have bought a Powermac then i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.