Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erposner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
First off, I apologize if this theme has been addressed in the past as I am new to this forum.

My PowerBook was stolen last week while I was away for the weekend. I had my iPod with me when it happened. Luckily I have insurance and have ordered a replacement PowerBook which is on the way from The Apple Store.

My question is - How can I recover the music on my iPod in its organized format and pass it to the iTunes Library on my new PowerBook? It appears you can only go from the PowerBook to the iPod and not vice versa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
erposner said:
First off, I apologize if this theme has been addressed in the past as I am new to this forum.

My PowerBook was stolen last week while I was away for the weekend. I had my iPod with me when it happened. Luckily I have insurance and have ordered a replacement PowerBook which is on the way from The Apple Store.

My question is - How can I recover the music on my iPod in its organized format and pass it to the iTunes Library on my new PowerBook? It appears you can only go from the PowerBook to the iPod and not vice versa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ron
This is a good article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.