Large folder full of files to multiple cd's automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joebells, Oct 30, 2006.

1. joebells macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2005
    Hi my girlfriend has been helping my aunt with her photo shoots, my aunts computer is too slow and old and she doesn't quite have enough money for a new computer just yet so my GF is helping her by dumping her shoots off of multiple memory cards and into folders and then burning those files onto cd. Right now its a pain to do because she has to select and deselect files til she gets close to 680 megs or so and then burn that. Then she has to select and deselct until she gets that many megs again its a pain and its worrysome that she might miss a picture or two here or there. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to automate the process?
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I dunno of a good way to do this and I dunno if your girlfriend knows this already, but tell her about the wonders of COMMAND-OPTION-I. With multiple items selected, COMMAND-OPTION-I will bring up a single Get Info window for all these items, showing how much space they consume. Then, if it's too many she can deselect a few by holding COMMAND as she clicks on them. She can also re-add them by holding COMMAND as she selects them. Hopefully that helps a little. :)

I don't know about earlier versions, but I always thought that Tiger would let you backup to multiple CDs when you make a Burn Folder. I might be wrong though. I don't burn CDs much. :eek:
  3. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    The recently released Disco claims to have a feature to handle this exact situation, but requires 10.4.3+ so it may not be appropriate here. It's much cheaper than Toast.