Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Can anyone running the beta tell me if Apple now gives you unlimited space in Photostream?

The feature they showed off had years of photos stored. I can't see multiple years of photos being kept on the device unless it uses photostream and gives you unlimited space.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
I think it looks hideous and I will be using my N4 again.
Agreed. Looks like Easter. I was looking for UI improvements, it looks like a skinned Jailbroken iPhone with Jailbroken apps. Yuk.
I'll definitely be upgrading! This is the first time I'll actually be looking forward to updating my iPad, iOS 7 looks great IMO. Won't be bothering to upgrade my iPhone 5 though, I'll have the HTC One by the time the new iOS comes out.
I plan on keeping iOS 6.1.2JB iP5 until a 'Google Edition' ROM is released and the Verizon HTC One is available.

I didn't care either way about iOS 7, but the lack of simultaneous Voice/Data on the iPhone is killing me. Can't wait for the HTC One.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
If you look at his posts, he made about 3-4 threads about how iOS 7 is the end of apple, etc, some of them got deleted, he was spamming hate. I'm all for constructive criticism, but this poster isn't remotely constructive.
Let's see: 600,000,000 IOS devices sold - 1 or even 10,000,000 the horror and severe beating these posters rack onto Apple :D
Trolls got to troll.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's too early to really make a decision. I really don't like the design though. I'm really just ugh about this though, because now I regret going Android after my iPhone 4 broke, and then coming back to this mess. It really makes me want to just get an iPhone 5 NOW just so I can have iOS 6 as a backup since you can save the blobs.

I really wish that this was a nightmare that I can wake up from. :( I mean, change is good, but this is like Windows 7 to Windows 8 in a way, and not like the slow maturing of Mac OS 1 to OS X 10.9. 10.9 looks great, I LOVE the iBooks integration, and Keychain syncing is going to be amazing, and the new Notification Center is just wow.

However, this, this is just... When you're attached to the UI as I was... I feel like I'm starting over again. Everything that a lot of people LOVE about the iOS design was thrown out like yesterday's garbage in just five minutes. I know a lot of people don't like skeuomorphism, but it's in the heart of iPad apps, and then some iPhone apps. I would have rather they do the calendar like the new 10.9 one, than what they have for iOS 7. They could have done some basic icon changes, and still have all the other cool features still too.

I don't want to feel like I'm reading someone's niche Tumblr blog when I'm using my phone. And I feel like it's become that - Some teenage girl's fantasy of how her phone ought to look like. I'm not 16 anymore, if I wanted that look, I'd jailbreak.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I really wish that this was a nightmare that I can wake up from. :( I mean, change is good, but this is like Windows 7 to Windows 8 in a way, and not like the slow maturing of Mac OS 1 to OS X 10.9. 10.9 looks great, I LOVE the iBooks integration, and Keychain syncing is going to be amazing, and the new Notification Center is just wow.

Difference is Windows are more likely to say they made a mistake and roll back with Windows 9 the menu bar is coming back already.

Apple are too arrogant and will continue with this crap OS until half the userbase leaves or refuses the update.

dsa1971

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Doesn't this discussion happen every time a new iOS comes out and then the overwhelming majority upgrade?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Difference is Windows are more likely to say they made a mistake and roll back with Windows 9 the menu bar is coming back already.

Apple are too arrogant and will continue with this crap OS until half the userbase leaves or refuses the update.

Or they'll re-introduce it as a new feature. Yeah. I get it. :rolleyes:

No way in hell I'm going to stick with Android though. I've already suffered enough with not having my iOS apps.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Or they'll re-introduce it as a new feature. Yeah. I get it. :rolleyes:

No way in hell I'm going to stick with Android though. I've already suffered enough with not having my iOS apps.

What about Blackberry, Bada OS ect..?

----------

Doesn't this discussion happen every time a new iOS comes out and then the overwhelming majority upgrade?

Not quite sure it will be as smooth this time. IOS 5 > 6 added to what IOS5 built on. It had changes people wanted rather than feared.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Here's an option. If you don't like the new OS don't upgrade. jailbreak or go to another platform. I don't think anyone is forced to use iOS.

Holte139

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Birmingham, England
I plan on keeping iOS 6.1.2JB iP5 until a 'Google Edition' ROM is released and the Verizon HTC One is available.

I didn't care either way about iOS 7, but the lack of simultaneous Voice/Data on the iPhone is killing me. Can't wait for the HTC One.

Is the HTC One not available in the US yet then? I'm from the UK and we've had it since March, I'm going to sell my iPhone as I've had some problems with it and buy the One SIM-free, hopefully later on this week.

I just think iOS needed an overhaul in general, and 7 is already making 6 look quite cluttered with all the unnecessary graphics and extras.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
Is the HTC One not available in the US yet then? I'm from the UK and we've had it since March, I'm going to sell my iPhone as I've had some problems with it and buy the One SIM-free, hopefully later on this week.

I just think iOS needed an overhaul in general, and 7 is already making 6 look quite cluttered with all the unnecessary graphics and extras.
HTC One is available, but not yet on Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.