Las Cruces, New Mexico (NMSU Campus)

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by dethl, Oct 19, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

I know there's gotta be a few NMSU MRers out there. Anyway, the campus bookstore will be selling Leopard at 6pm at Corbett Corner for $89 (a real EDU discount!). When I called the bookstore they didn't know if any specials were going on as of yet (like last time where you got a first gen 512mb Shuffle dirt cheap when you bought Tiger).

If there is anyone else out there interested, post in this thread!

Addendum: Nothing else is going to be happening sadly. No extra deal like there was with Tiger. Darn.

2. macrumors newbie

Who can buy from that store?

Do you have to be a student to buy from your campus store?

3. macrumors newbie

Have to be a student?

Don't think so I've bought Apple merchandise at NMSU, no has ever asked me for an ID or any other proof of being student/faculty/staff. However, I am a student, so maybe they're just used to seeing my face.

Look at it this way, the worst they can tell you is "no." Personally, I doubt that will happen.

4. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'd meet up if I 1) had a car to get down there (damn people who run red lights) and 2) didn't already have an Apple Store up here in ABQ. ;)

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I think for the release events the bookstore will want a student ID since the price is a promotional one until the end of the month (actually you have to preorder to get the $89 price tag if you don't buy a copy tonight). I think they required my ID when I bought Tiger from them.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

No one got Leopard tonight. I have a feeling that Apple's involvement with delaying shipments to prevent any early ones may have had a hand in preventing our bookstore from selling on time. I'm highly disappointed in Apple.