LaserWriter questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flashtastic, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Flashtastic macrumors newbie

Hello all
    This is my first post on these forums, though I have been a long time reader, so I hope you guys can help me out.

We have an Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS Printer.

What I basically want is to make a printer preset that will print one copy of a (one page) document from the Multipurpose tray (Using Recycled Paper for us) and another copy from the 250 sheet cassette (Using fresh paper for my dad's clients).

I have set it to 2 copies, and for the "first page" to multipurpose tray and "remaining pages" to the 250 sheet cassette. But when I print, 2 pages will come out of the multipurpose tray (Because the second page isn't actually the second page - it is a copy of the first page so the settings start again).

Is there any sort of option that can make "2 Copies" into one print job so there will actually be a second page?

An Applescript perhaps?

(Also, it isn't very convinient to print it out twice using different settings due to MYOB closing the invoice once it has been printed, then you have to go through several windows to get it back.)

Thanks, Ben :)

2. Flashtastic thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, another question. I am currently using Appletalk to print but wish to use TCP/IP. I am unsure of how to do this as I don't think the LaserWriter supports DHCP. I can only give it an IP address using the "Apple Printer Utility-PPC" in Classic. My 4 port modem gives out the IP addresses automatically.