Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Would you buy the new iPhone when it releases? I ask because, Apple did a great job with the iPhone 4 and I don't see much in regards to hardware that could warrant a must have upgrade besides better optic cameras and maybe more ram to accommodate.

We want a THINNER one! (And by we I mean Steve.) :rolleyes:

TaiTam

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Last Chance for AppleCare for Early iPhone 4 Adopters

Lets not forget that many credit cards offer an additional 1 year warranty coverage if you purchased your phone with one of these cards.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Will we get a news story every time the window to acquire "Apple care" is almost up on a refreshed Apple product ? That could get old quick...

Was thinking exactly the same. Are you guys going to start doing it for the everything?

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
Bad Idea

So, I assume most of you know...extended warranties are a bad idea. The reason is simple economics: The company selling the extended warranty makes money off of the deal.

This means that when the odds of needing a covered reapair and the cost of those repairs are extrapolated across all the extended warranties sold, the value of the repairs received (including zero value for buyers who don't make a warranty claim) is less than the revenue generated from the sale of the warranty.

SO, if you NEVER buy an extended warranty in your life, and pay for all repairs out of pocket, you will spend LESS than if you ALWAYS buy extended warranties and get "free" repairs (statistically speaking).

There is one category of consumers who might choose to purchase the extended warranty anyway, and that is those who are on such a limited income that they couldn't absorb the cost of a "catastrophic" failure (i.e. - $599 to entirely replace the phone.) Those people may choose to pay the "higher" cost of extended warranty to avoid the possibility of short-term hardship. But make no mistake, you are paying more in the long run.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
I clicked on the link to check my status and it was allowing me to buy the Apple Care. I did buy my original iPhone 4 on launch day. I would like to buy the Apple Care but when I go thru with the buying and enter my email, then select to email me the information it says

"We're sorry, but service is not available in this location."

obama3344

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
Hmm... I should get my home button looked at before my AppleCare is up. Multi-tasking has practically killed it.

yap, my home button after one year has the same problem. And luckily I have one day to replace it. Tomorrow is my last day of warranty.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Well, I did see this story, thought about it, and decided to roll the dice without AppleCare until the 5 comes out.

Should have known better.

FF to this weekend, when my ear speaker blew out. :eek: I hot-footed it to the :apple: Store, and put on my charming face. Max the Genius told me I was 9 days past warranty, but he would swap it out anyway, and I was to go straight home and buy AppleCare over the phone.

*whew*

Max the Genius saved me $130.

Oh, and while I wasn't unhappy with my home button, the home button on my new phone is much "clickier."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.