Last Chance Kerry VP thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

OK, all the indications are that Kerry will announce his pick of a running mate tomorrow. If not tomorrow it will be very soon. The rumors are all going in Gephardt's direction. OK, my challenge to all interested political junkies is to guess who it will be and state who you wish it will be.

who it will be: Gephardt

who I wish it would be: Richardson

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Who it will be:
    Probably Gephardt(due to backing of labor unions, fundraising, apparent friendship w/ Kerry)...might be Vilsack, though (an underdog, but seems to reflect Kerry's positions coming into election, not quite the lightning-rod that Gephart might be...) I read an interesting article about him in the Wash. Post.

Who I wish for:
    McCain (you did say wish)...Biden. Clinton (Bill, just because I feel it would be amusing).

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm not sure why the rumors-mills would be favoring Gephardt, except that Kerry is known to be pretty chummy with him. Tactically and politically it makes almost no other sense for him to choose Gephardt (yes, he's a seasoned campaigner, but how much did that help him in the primaries?). He's at least somewhat to the left of Kerry politically, and according to the political bookies, he probably couldn't even do much to help the ticket win Missouri. I'd be both surprised and disappointed if Kerry chose him.

So I'll make a wishful thinking prediction and say Edwards.

Who I'd prefer: Clark.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    man, i hope it's not gephardt...

i'm rooting for edwards. kerry needs a well known and well liked vp candidate to differentiate himself from bush/cheney at this point. edwards has a charisma that no one else in this election has (including kerry). ntm, edwards would be excellent in a vp debate...i'd love to see someone mop the floor with cheney and his smug condescension. i also think it would make kerry's ticket seem more positive and above the overly negative campaign we've seen thus far. i'm guessing that a large majority of the voting public would like to see at least one candidate who didn't smirk, wisecrack or point fingers.

we'll know soon enough.

5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

All I care is that Bush is out. So whoever increases that liklihood.