Last Comic Standing thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Jun 23, 2004.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Who else has been watching it? I only caught the end of last season (because I don't watch much television) but I've been keeping up with this season. Was I the only one disappointed that Bonnie got ousted so early?

2. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

3. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

To sum it up they all moved into the house, had their first competition in where they had to do stand-up in a laundromat (which Corey Holcom won) and some "rivalries" flared up which led to Bonnie McFarlane being the first comic chosen for a standoff in which she decided to face off against John Heffron for a chance to stay in the house but did not succeed.

4. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Personally, I thought Todd Glass was funnier than the woman he was going against. But, as evident from last season (remember the winner was Dat Phan), the audience doesn't make the best choices deciding which comedian is funnier.

6. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I think Todd Glass is a much more witty, creative comedian- but his set wasn't as funny as Tammy's. He must have let his nerves get to him or something, because he's been much funnier. Plus, an audience likes pretty women. I did think her bit about her boobs was really funny.

My winner prediction? John Heffron. Somethin' about that dude. He is funny, and really likable. Second place, Ant. Third, Corey. Fourth, the long haired guy.

7. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

yeah I was disappointed to see Glass go so early, but things like that happen, it all depends on what crowd you go up against. I'd have to disagree with agreenster's predictions, I think ant will go real soon, he has a habit of pissing people off.

8. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I was extremly glad to see Bonnie go. I thought she was horrible. John Heffron will probably go far.

I was disappointed to see Todd go. I thought his set was much better. Todd changes his set each time, while Tammy does the same set on each episode.

Personally, I think the show is done all wrong. They should put the head-to-head challenge on live TV, and have people at home vote on it. If people saw what was going on in the house, I think Todd would have beaten Tammy.

9. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

And for that reason the show always be pre-recorded so the voting is for comic talent rather than who plays the "game" better. Also a live show is pricier to produce.

10. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

even though i have no idea what this thread is about i thought i would drop a joke

what has a tax man and a pelican got in common

they can both shove there bills up there ass....
    :) :) :) :) :) :)

11. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I should elaborate on my statement. When I said "see what's going on in the house", I meant the jokes and such that people are telling. Todd was always doing or saying something funny. Tammy and Bonnie did nothing funny at all. With a live standup act, the viewers at home could also take into consideration the jokes told during the contest that gave a person immunity. I see your point, but the point of the show is "You Decide". We only get to decide between 5 people instead of 10. It should be "You decide throughout."

12. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

Looks like I was right, ant is off the show. It will be interesting to see how things level out now.

13. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I was so happy to see Ant go. Something about him just really annoyed me. And to have him lose to the guy he was threatening to kick out...talk about poetic justice.

14. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

very true, I'm sure it will come as a shock to the other members of the so called alliance. I think right now that Jay London is at the biggest disadvantage as I don't believe the audience will react very well to him. That and he's a putz.