Last Day for $150 Rebates? & Best Price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Skaught, May 31, 2006.

1. Skaught macrumors member

Looks like May 31st is the last day to purchase a MacBook Pro 17" and get the $150 rebate. Has anyone seen another that doesn't expire today?

I'm looking for the best deal, of course. I could get the educational discount through Apple.com, but with an Apple store in the state, they charge sales tax, killing the discount. With the $150 rebate (that is expiring) from Amazon.com, Club Mac and Mac Connection, the price is $2,644.00 (plus a free printer from the last two). Does this sound like the best price?

I had an order with Amazon.com. I clicked on my own Amazon banner ad so that I'd get a referral fee (yes, that does work), but then I noticed their shipping date could put the arrival of the machine beyond the last postmark date of June 30th for the rebate. I emailed about this and got a canned (non)answer. I emailed again with no response. So I canceled that order. I also didn't want to wait until July to get it.

Mac Connection says "In Stock"...but from what I'm reading that doesn't mean they're shipping now?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

eh are you talking about the macbook pro

cause that is one hell of an expensive macbook

3. Skaught thread starter macrumors member

Yes, a MB Pro 17". Sorry - edited original post.

Scott

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

what are you talking about, i went to amazon.com right now and the rebate said purchase by 6/20 postmarked by 7/20.

5. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

I'll assume you're pretty new to Macs (or at least to buying Macs at Amazon).

When Amazon rebates on Macs "expire", a new one comes (usually) for the next time period. Just FYI.