last episode of Farscape on tonite

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Mar 21, 2003.

1. vniow macrumors G4

This is it, the last episode of one of the best sci-fi series on television on tonite, hate to see it end but hope they do it properly.[​IMG]

2. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

actually, they can't do it properly

this episode was filmed with the rest of the season... meaning they filmed it before they were told that this would be it

so, expect a cliff hanger that will never be resolved :(

regardless, i'll be watching it with 12 other people tonight... gosh i'll miss farscape

3. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

That sux, I mean, Farscape got some excellent reviews and had a loyal following, you'd think if they were going to end it prematurely, they'd at least make a proper exit for it.[​IMG]

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Farscape? Never heard of it. What was it about?

5. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

It is very complicated, but a really great show.

I don't hold out much hope for savefarscape.com

6. rlmut macrumors newbie

Yes there was a "To Be Continued" at the end of the show.

They are talking about trying to do a TV movie or a series of movies if they can't find a new home on another channel.

It's really sad to see it end tonight. It was one of the best made shows on TV :(

7. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Oh wow, that episode sure came out of nowhere, wow, that one purple alien at the end was super-creepy, they had better have at least one final movie, miniseries or whatever, just something, that's a show that needs to end properly, not with a 'to be continued' at the end, damn.[​IMG]

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Never saw the show, and never really wanted to see it. I've
    never really been into SciFi, and have never been interested in
    it. It looked kind of cool - kind of. But Xena is so much better ;).

I love Xena :D:D:p.

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Acually a new channel and a possibality of fan-funding the rest of the season. With everyon who signed the petition gives $10 they can film like 3 eps. :eek:
    So it aint that hard.
    I would give tons and tons for a fan-funded one... and all my sci-fi people who didn't sign petition just to see if it works. :D

10. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

http://www.farscape.com/news/index.html

i really liked the last episode, even with the teasing "to be continued" at the end. man, i'm going to miss tv.

if a rep from *any* television network or film company sees this thread, please--PLEASE--help bring Farscape back.

it was awesome.

11. Steradian macrumors 6502

wha? Xena is better yet you have never seen farscape....er ok.....Man I miss it already.....As I do a lot of shows that Start on Scifi and end on Scifi...i.e "the invisible man", and "first wave" ...:(

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I just said Xena was better, because NOTHING beats Xena.

Not even Buffy. :D

13. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Did anybody think that the last episode was originally a two parter? It seemed awful jumpy....

14. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Xena's not even good enough to suck off Rygel. :eek: Aeryn and/or Chiana would kick Xena's ass.

Farscape is one of the best shows out there, next to Stargate SG1 that is.

15. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

16. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Trapped in a wormhole!

OK Xena,, you are obviously joking since that show is written for retards by retards!
    As for Stargate,, ohh that show is SOOooo bad that it gives Sci Fi and bad flavor!

Farscape is the ultimate Sci Fi series on par with any of the best form the past.
    I think that its hilarious that there are people stupid enough to aid cancellation of a show that was SO obviously the BEST thing on Television period!

These stars will find another place to shine in a film release or mini series soon!
    Then all the lame droits that let it do will be beating themselves in the groins for being limp wristed fools for letting it go as a property!

As for the ending,, NNnooooo that was insane in the membrane! How in the world are you going to put together all those loose molecules!
    What about the ones that fell into the water?
    This may be continued but it seems so incredible to me that its something that I can almost take as a final ending.
    ALl the hardship that they went through ended in their final death as they kisses, how true to life!

WOrk, School, death!

17. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

You have to watch a lot of Xena to appreciate it I guess.

I've gotten to know the characters, just as y'all have for farscape.
    To me, farscape is written by a bunch of nerds for nerds. Xena
    might not have the best scripting, but it has good action for a TV
    show, and chicks who fight are totally awesome. :D:p

18. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Trapped in a wormhole!

I gather you haven't watched much of SG1... I've been watching it for years, and it has been around for longer then farscape.

As for the writing, there were many an episode of farscape that I though was truely horrid... poor writing an piss-poor plots were way to common on that show, especially for one with only a 4 year run. SG1 is coming up with season 7, and has a rather fanatical fan base, better quality then farscape. :p

Besides, SG1 is at least based on things that COULD happen, such as different parts of the government keeping information from other parts. Hell, even other governments were kept in the dark about lots of it...

Keep in mind, we are talking FICTION here people... :p

19. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I know what you mean -- I also found myself wondering if I had somehow missed an episode between this week and last week.

As for SG1 -- great series, although I think that O'Neill has gotten a bit silly in the last couple of seasons. He's good for comic relief, but he's been completely unbelievable in several situations (regarding dumb soldier/smart scientist conversations).

It will be interesting to see how they juggle the five main cast members next season, since Daniel is returning.

20. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

<Do not read if you do not want spoilers. I know I watch the episode later on tape because it doesn't come on at a convenient time for me.>

Or at least a two hour show. The first 5 minutes were a rush to explain how they got where they were. Then the massive jump at the end when they do not explain how Moya escaped the skarans. They also could have ended it without the final minute. Just left Kryten and Aarin kissing on the boat. <with the too be continued.> I guess they really wanted to use that final shot of the ring.

<Sorry for the poor name spelling. I am too tired to look them up right now.>

21. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Yeah, the beginning seemed rushed, it took me a minute just to figure out what the hell was going on.

If they had left off the 'Too Be Continued' at the end, I think it would have been excellent, that was jaw-dropping, and the fans wouldn't have been wondering what's going to happen next?!?

I think that would have been as close as they could get to a proper ending, but I guess they had to put that 'To Be Continued' at the end.[​IMG]

22. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have been going back and forth on just that thought. But if they left off the To be continued... then it would seem pretty final, with no hope for more... Keeping it allows for the hope that there will be more.

But the ending without the To Be continued would kick butt. I mean, that would be so par for the course!

If you cut out the ship attacking bit, then the to be continued isn't necessary since obviously everybody lives happily ever after.... So you could pick up the series again....