Last Minute Macworld San Francisco Notes

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 8, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

As the final hours before the Macworld San Francisco keynote draw to a close, a few final notes on late-breaking news, rumors, and speculation.

More Display Rumblings
    Perhaps adding some legitimacy to previous conflicted rumors that Apple will soon introduce new displays, recent notes by analyst Shaw Wu indicate that Apple is working on large-screen technologies in its labs.

A previous page2 rumor indicated that Apple would introduce a 50" monitor alongside the "iTV," and MacScoop has claimed that new monitors would include HDMI connectivity. Nevertheless, readers should be aware that claims of deliberate falsification have tainted this rumor, and therefore the information should be noted with caution.

ThinkSecret Chimes In
    ThinkSecret today made their predictions for tomorrow's keynote, stating that Apple's phone has a 90% chance of being revealed tomorrow. Interestingly, the site only pegs iLife '07 and iWork '07 at 85%. While their previous claim just last week stated that the software would arrive during the keynote, ThinkSecret now reports that increased development time may have delayed at least iWork until March. Finally, the site gives a display update a 50% chance but does indicate that their sources are largely echoing the other reports in this post.

iDisk Storage Increase? (No)
    A popular rumor that had gained traction in the past few days is apparently without merit. Some Windows users had noticed that Windows was reporting a much larger storage pool than .Mac's current 1GB standard limit. Apparently, this is simply a glitch in the iDisk Utility for Windows in which the iDisk storage amount is reported falsely as the user's hard disk capacity.

Of course, readers should check out our previous Macworld San Francisco Rumor Roundup and tune in at 9am PST, 12pm EST tomorrow for our live coverage of Steve's much anticipated keynote.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2001
    Perhaps all this alleged "resolution independent" R&D they've also been doing relates to the new displays also.
  3. macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    Hopefully one of the features of the new displays will be a price drop to be a little bit more competitive will Dell/Samsung.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting...
  4. macrumors 6502a

Nov 29, 2005
    Red Sox Nation
    idisk storage increase certainly would be nice, especially considering the amout of storage I can get online for free elsewhere...
  5. macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005
    WOW...90% chance for the Apple Phone!

The excitement is overwhelming. I've been anticipating an apple phone and telling my friends about it for the past year! They think I am nuts.

Pleassssse let it be true:D
  6. macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2006
    please be an iphone and a AFFORIDIBLE display

i think tomorrow is going to be better than my birthday
  7. macrumors regular

Dec 19, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    a buddy of mine will see it?

a buddy of mine will be at macworld for the first time, hope the iPhone makes it around! it will be a sweet event tomorrow.
  8. Editor emeritus

Jul 10, 2003
    Falls Church, VA
    except its not going to happen... at least, not in the quantity people were talking about.
  9. macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    looks like alot of page refreshes for all of us.

tons of updates tmrw. im pretty excited
  10. macrumors regular

11. macrumors member

Jan 17, 2005
    Somewhere, Overthere
    I can't believe that ThinkSecret is rating the iPhone with a higher chance than iLife '07 and iWork '07. To me it seems more likely than anything that they would release iLife and iWork... :confused: :rolleyes:
  12. Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Of course, more iDisk Storage, which is the most in need of an update out of any Apple product, turns out to be false. :rolleyes:

I wish I could say I was surprised. :(
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2003
    A large display would go hand in hand with iTV (or whatever it will be called). I am ready for the keynote to come and go so the next round of rumors can begin. These are getting old. Bring on the new rumors!!
  14. macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2006
    ya i agree
    you would think sofware would have a much higher chance than a huge breakthrough in cell phones
    im still preying for the "iphone"
  15. macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2006
    Server, Quicktime, Beatles

My wild guesses are that we will see:

1. A home server done right. It will be the missing part of the iTV equation and will have wireless built in.

2. Quicktime will get facial recognition and object tracking abilities.

3. The Beatles will be there and they will play.
  16. macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    haha, tell me about it, i've been talking about the full screen ipod for about a year as well :D

The 75% chance of an iLife upgrade leaves me confused :confused:
  17. macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2003
    Somewhere Else
    You don't need to refresh the MacrumorsLive page, it updates the relevant portions automatically. Considering there will be pictures this time I think it best to let the page do it's magic and not force extra refreshes on Arn's servers.
  18. macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    Oh please, the fellas over at Think Secret have to be off their rockers to think that the Apple phone has a higher liklihood of being revealed than iLife '07 and iWork '07!!!! This has been a MWSF trend to release, even if the coverage is minimal, i guarantee that they will speak for it about a few minutes, especially with the Spreadsheets program...

New displays would be nice, but with all the buzz i tend to be skeptical about it and will side with new displays coming just as a quiet update sooner rather than later.
  19. macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    Arn also said he'd leave the forumos up and running. Let's try and conserve.

Nick has revealed too many sources, he no longer has any. The majority of the posts on think secret seem to be educated guesses based on information that has been floating on AppleInsider/MacRumors for sometime.
  20. macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    Mine has been ready for about 5 years :D
  21. macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    yeah, 90% is big!

here's hoping to displays being released as well :)
  22. macrumors G3

Apr 30, 2004
    They're always left up and running. Each and every year ;)
  23. macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2005
    lowering my expectations

an iWeb update would be nice
  24. macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2007
    One more thing...

Being that this is Job's first Keynote that will run 2 hours rather than 1 as stated on the Macworld site, after of coursing announcing that stats of how Apple is doing as usual, and then discussing the secret features of Leopard, which will certainly be followed by iLife and iWork updates. Video will most likely be next where they discuss iTV (whatever it may now be called). Then we will hear about the iPod, all video screen. And finally we will hear those fateful words. Oh, and one more thing. Then MobileMe, or whatever they choose to call the new iPod or Mac with calling capabilities to be released into models at a later date. Can't wait!
  25. macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    4th Gen iMac

Steve looooves to introduce new iMacs by surprise ... tomorrow we'll get the 4th gen

* Back to the luxor lamp ... floating display
    * Back to the cube ... base station is now fully upgradeable, most versatile iMac ever
    * Available in black or white
    * Dual or quad core model available

It's going to kick ass.