Last Minute Predictions

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by ArcadeKid, Jan 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

ArcadeKid

Why has everyone completely ignored the recent patents i.e. ipod induction charging, larger multi touch device,

There's something in the air is a theme, not an individual product.

My predictions *ahem* wishlist includes 5 main announcements

Apple iTunes Rentals - as name states, also for the ipod touch / iphone (if connected to wi-fi)

iPhone SDK and 1.2 with MyLocation and wibble icons etc.
    iPhone 2nd Gen, 3G, 16GB induction charging, wireless syncing

'appleTV ][' - home multimedia center, Wi-Fi, 160GB, Blu-Ray, Browser, email, youtube, PVR

thinner macbook, and macbook pro, same stuff, just thinner and a few upgrade tweaks here and there

and the best one MacTouch, 13" multitouch capabilities, but with an onscreen keyboard (like iPhone), wi-fi, no ethernet, blu-ray (or dvd), iSight, 80GB, wireless screen sharing (to view your mac on as well for round the house)

Well I think we can all say the first two are granted, as with the rest, I am probably dreaming but if all of them are announced, I am gonna be spending a lot of money on the apple store!

Please post your opinions and other predictions below.

p.s. (sorry if I have done anything wrong I am a n00b on here)

ArcadeKid

2. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Your right, Something in the air, is a THEME

I agree. 'Theres something in the air" refers to Apple's theme of products for this years Macworld expo. Wireless.

It's not refering to an individual product, or a product with the name containing 'Air' (do you all seriously think Apple would make it that obvious? ¬_¬)

Predictions:

- Stats Talk about Mac/iPod/iPhone/Leopard

- iTunes.

Shipping new version for new products to be announced. Updates to 8.0, Rentals, New version ships tonight.

- Apple TV

Revamped. Becomes your Media center, 160GB, 250GB, $499, $599 respectively.

- iPhone

Updates to current iPhone model: None.

Current Model: We're announcing, ships to Asia in March 08, and Australia in Nov 08.

- Introduction of iPhone 2.0

Induction charged, 3G, And Now Wirelessly Syncs with iTunes, . Shippping June 08.

SDK Preview:

Delighted to welcome up on stage, CEO of SlingMedia!

New apps demoed (both Apple and Slingbox). Available Feburary (Special Event 28th)

Firmware v1.2.0 - movable icons. Also coming to iPod touch with notes.app & mail.app! (jokes about how much we've all wanted them). Available Tonight through iTunes 8.0.

- "One More Thing"

Introducing, Macbook portable. Induction charged. 32Gb SSD. Just 20mm thick.

Thats it. R-Fly

3. macrumors 68040

I think my friend, you have hit the nail right on the head!

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

ArcadeKid

razorianfly

I think you are right R-Fly, and I meant iPhone 1.2 instead of 1.1.3, my bad.

But will the mac portable be just a smaller thinner version? I would have said that the induction charging of the iPhone 2nd Gen would be a bigger deal than just a smaller thinner version along the lines of the predicted MacBook Air. Surely it has to be slightly more 'outrageous' doesnt it?

5. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yes there has to be more to it, but for now, thats all I have got.

Just updated my post ... to include some other things.

6. macrumors regular

I can definitely see this happening. Surely 160GB Apple TV though?

7. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yeah, sorry, my bad, slip of the finger :/. Fixed.

R-Fly

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

ArcadeKid

Would still love this though

I would still love to see this happen though

[​IMG]

I am grabbing onto all hope that it happens, they have the technology for it, I just hope they do it, basically a big iPod Touch

It is PHOTOSHOPED

9. macrumors regular

Lol, don't mean to go on at you :eek: , but how about 250GB for the higher spec one (like the Macbooks, no?) :p

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

ArcadeKid

Do you reckon us iPhone 1st Gen users would be able to easily upgrade? there was some talk that we could upgrade straight way, but that was all rumours. What do you reckon? Will we have to wait until the end of our contracts.

11. macrumors newbie

R-Fly I seriously hope so. Especially the induction charging. I heard about that a couple years ago and how it should be implemented into wireless devices in the future but I've heard nothing about it since. For me, if that was the only thing added today I would be happy. The rest is icing on the cake. :D

12. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Done. :cool:

R-Fly

13. macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

FAKE! The lighting is all wrong.

(yes, i realize it's joke.)

14. macrumors member

DHUK

Macbook Related

Obviously something is Macbook related but I've noticed on the UK store that the top seller list includes Macbook 13" (as well as Macbook Pro), so are we going to expect a 15" Macbook? Or an 11"?

15. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Possibly yes. If, and I say if, Apple decide to release a redesigned macbook, I can see them opting for 10" - 12" display. I would hope it was induction charged (citing the recent patent which was filed), and it has to be SSD, aluminium (to be able to create the real thinness we're looking for).

Having at least 32Gb SSD is a plus. Obv, Running full Leopard 10.5 and a glossy screen.

Thats what I think we are in for, in less than 4 1/2 hours.

The name? - Macbook portable.

R-Fly

16. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Apple teams up with DirecTV to beam iTunes content directly to your new SAT :apple:tv/iPhone/iPod. There's definitely "Something in the Air". ;)

17. macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

It's all garbage because nothing is PROFESSIONAL... we need a new MacBook Pro!

18. macrumors newbie

That's all good, but since I'm getting ready to replace my 1.67ghz Powerbook G4, I'm really hoping for a revamp of the macbook pro line. Maybe some more significant aesthetic changes so I feel like I've bought a completely new product compared to my Pbook?

I would even consider a Black Macbook if they get rid of the x3100 and move to a dedicated video chip, but that's highly unlikely to happen today.

19. macrumors 68000

Spock

Macworld is more based on consumer products, not always but often thats part of the reason that the MacPro got an update a few weeks ago and not at Macworld.

20. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yes. Today is wireless themed presumably.

I predict: No Macbook Pro updates. They'll probably quietly bump something on the store, after the keynote. But thats it.

R-Fly

21. macrumors newbie

I'm guessing the "there something in the air" could be referring to a drm free itunes as in a change in the tide or some horrible cliche, however I'm hoping we get some itunes normal vs itunes plus sales figures.

i dont think we will see anything with flash hard drives or bluray. Maybe a 3g laptop there was rumors of that ages ago. I'm guessing eitherway a lot of people will be pissed.

22. macrumors newbie

zipadidoodah

I'm still convinced there will be news about The Beatles on iTunes.
    Something in the Air - Revolution - The Beatles?
    :rolleyes:

Or am i just wishing?

23. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Well it's not happened yet, Although, it seems Steve likes to tease us with that 'possible outcome' at every event now (remember the last ipod event? - 'The beat goes on') The last line the Beatles were recorded saying, before they broke up. - And even then, the Beatles didn't materialise on iTunes.

It is coming, but I think - to be honest - it would cause for an anti-climatic announcement at Macworld.

Anyone else agree?

R-Fly

24. macrumors member

25. macrumors newbie

Induction Charging and Touch Screen

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of induction charging and touch screen ....

but...

While browsing, emailing and all that sort of stuff is great on our multi-touch iphone screen.... can you picture your yourself working on a computer like that ... I mean photoshop, webdesign etc... of course you'd have the keyboard and mouse as optionals... but i still can't quite imagine working on a screen with fingerprints all over... and unless you are willing to clean it daily ...

and on induction charging.... would that mean carrying some sort of "base station" or charging pada aorund... instead of the charger we have now ?
    I mean ... how would you charge it on the go?

am i missing something here ?

Cheers!