Last night's episode of The Office? (Spoiler Alert!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Wow, so the Scranton Branch (Michael's branch) just merged with Stamford Branch, and things were getting pretty crazy. Nice to have Jim back in Scranton, I really got a kick out of his practical jokes on Dwight. I don't know how much of that we will see now, though, since Jim seems to have matured a bit since last season. He even gave up on grape soda!! :eek:

The whole episode was a bit awkward, with all the "new" people coming in, though it's nice to see somebody competing with Dwight now.

Of course, we can't forget about Michael's latest antics. Aside from being a total jerk, he showed an "orientation video", a really stupid parody of SNL's Lazy Sunday rap video, to all the Stamford employees.

Well, I personally am skeptical about the new turn The Office has taken. The original cast had great chemistry, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I don't know about the new arrangement either...I think Ed Helms is a welcome addition, but we'll have to see how it all pans out.

I know it's a common plot device, but the sustained tension between Jim and Pam gets to me sometimes.

This wasn't the best episode, but it definitely had some good moments.

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i agree that i'm not sure how to take the various plot turns. i guess it's easy to say (as an objective viewer seeing both pam and jim) "jim, she still likes you, go for it!" and hard to remember that he's been burned twice by her rejections now.. i'm also just not as big a fan of the new romantic interest as i am of pam. their relationship doesn't seem as natural as jim and pam.

i like ed helms' character a lot, but i do think it'll be a bit heavy to have he and dwight going at each other all the time... that will eventually have to calm down.

michael's video was awesome, and it'll be interesting to see how the new workers adjust. i look forward to the next episode each week, though there is always that feeling of longing for jim and pam to get together, etc.... i guess, as the cowboy said, that's a common plot element and keeps viewers interested/longing for the next show....

4. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i love this show... but only b/c of michael and dwight. this thing between pam and jim is stupid. he should just do the hot chick already. pam blew her chance

5. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I think Jim should move on. Roy wants to make amends with Pam, and Karen has fallen for Jim. And Jim likes her too, as mentioned in last night's episode.

I can't believe Dwight of all people would give up his position so easily to Jim. It was funny though to see Dwight complain and moan about the Regional Director of Sales vs. Regional Assistant Manager debate. I felt sorry for the one that quit (the one that actually got fired). Ed Helms was a riot.

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Really? I thought it seemed too much of an attempt to pull off another thing like the Assistant [to the] Regional Manager joke (which was funny), and it just came off as bad.

7. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

As a huge fan of The Office I really don't see Michael as a jerk. He comes off as a complete jackass but if you get a feel for his life he so badly wants to be 'cool' and liked he just tries too hard. Nothing he does is intentional or malicious. Ignorant = yes. Small = yes. Jerk= no.

One of the most telling things of Micheal happened during the 'Bring Your Daughter to Work Day' episode where he shows the video when he was on the kids show and says, "When I grow up I want to have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend." It is so sad and funny (yes, I am a bad person) at the same time.

I agree that Season 3 has a much different vibe from the first 2 seasons but it is still the best comedy on TV and hopefully now that the branches have merged we can get back to more character driven eps and less plot driven eps.

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

"Wow, you are very exotic looking. Was your dad a G.I.?"

LOL. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

That was the best part of the episode. I was ROFLMAO when I heard that.