'last page' should be 'last post' (nag)

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by redeye be, May 5, 2005.

1. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Hideho RM mods and techies,
    i've noticed this for quite a while now but i thought it would've been better to wait a bit before posting yet another forum bug. Heck i wouldn't want u guys/girls wasting all your precious time in changing posts to fit my needs.

to the point:
    Whenever there is a thread with more than 6 pages a 'last page' link is added. This link actually goes to the last post in the thread.

This is so confusing my head starts spinning every time i press such a link. Now i'm afraid it will fall off.
    If this doesn't get fixed soon i think i'll never read/post on MR again. I'll build myself a nice custom PC with big fans, neon lights and lots of buttons and slots on the front panel.
    Does anyone know a good longhorn forum?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I agree, redeye_be. That link is somewhat counterintuitive. I click it expecting to be taken to the last page in the thread (which it does), but not expecting it to also take me to the last post in the thread.

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I agree, thankfully I use the page up button...

4. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

This never really bothered me. I can scroll up to read posts just as easily as I can scroll down.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

agreed. and i'm just used to the page up/down keys now as well which make it an even faster process

6. redeye be thread starter macrumors 65816

redeye be

I think it used to say 'last post' before an update of vB.

Whatchamean, the link doesn't do what it says? :confused:

;)