Last version of Corel Draw for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superleccy, Dec 13, 2004.

1. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Hi there

I read on these forums that Corel no longer support the Mac with their Corel Draw graphics suite. What is the last version of Corel Draw that was released for the Mac, and what are the chances of it running on Panther?

Am not bothered about all the other bits that come with the Corel Graphics Suite, just Corel Draw.

I am sure there are better things out there for the Mac than Corel Draw, but I still depend on Corel Draw 6 for the PC (don't laugh), and am in the process of switching. I like the UI and I have a decade's worth of illustrations in .cdr format. And, I was also hoping that a second-hand version of Corel Draw for the Mac would be cheaper than (say) Adobe Illustrator.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Superleccy

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Version 11 is the last version for Mac OS X. Version 10 is also Mac OS X-compatible. Both also come as part of the Corel Draw Graphics Suite with Photo Paint, Trace, R.A.V.E.

It's not great stuff but it works.

I have version 10 running on Panther so you should not have trouble running 11 on it either.

3. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

11 works fine on panther, run it on the mac in my sig

4. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I just found that the Corel Graphics Suite version 11 is more-or-less available from Allume (Stuffit) with some other software under the title Creative Essentials for $149.

6. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Ooo! Well spotted! Although, Allume seem to have removed it from their website for some reason.

Cheers
    Superleccy