Last weeks Refurb Store sold

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Whyapple, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Whyapple macrumors member

A 2.16 Macbookpro, with a 100GB hard disk 7200, as well as 1GB Ram for around £1230.

None have come up since.

Was this a one off, an error or will there be more do you think?

I am keen to get one!:confused:

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I don't think that's too low, so it's probably just a configuation they haven't gotten enough of to sell in the refurb store yet. Keep watching, and it or something similar will pop up eventually. That's how refurbs are.

3. BAspecialCake macrumors member

BAspecialCake

4. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Are efurbs absolutly fine, with no problems? Thats what worries me about them.... it would just mean that I could get a Mac alot sooner....

Cheers

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There's not a lot of "data," but if you look through threads about buying refurb here, you hear few horror stories -- as few or fewer than you hear in threads about new purchases, I think.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

plus don't forget - you have the same warranty with a refurb as you do with a new machine, so if something IS wrong, you can still have it fixed/replaced!

7. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Think about it this way. A new machine may or may not get checked out by a human before it leaves the factory. A refurb machine gets inspected with a fine tooth comb. Everytime a machine comes back, Apple loses money. They want to make sure that this refurb never comes back.

8. jamblo macrumors newbie

9. generik macrumors 601

generik

But one thing you forgot to mention is that refurbs may be cosmetically marred when they reach you. At least that's what the disclaimer says in the refurb store... so if you get a dinged MBP it is not like you will be able to do anything about it.

Also refurbs may sometimes arrive to you in not so pretty non original plain boxes, again this is what the disclaimers say, not that it will happen to you, but just some things to keep in mind.

Personally I prefer to just join ADC, or use EDU discount. Educational pricing is actually quite comparable to the discounts on refurbished hardware.

10. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I think it was a mistake because however you do the math, it just didn't add up. There was a couple of threads about it, both featured the guy who bought that exact MBP from the refurb store. I don't think we've heard back from him though so that means he bottled it or he's happy with his purchase. I sincerely hope it's the latter. :)

From the original poster and buyer

from me.