Price Advice Late 2009 Mac Mini Sale Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iGeek 10.0, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2011
    I'm interested in selling my Late 2009 Mac Mini (I'll list the specs later) towards a purchase of the new entry-level iMac.

Mac Mini Late 2009
    160GB Hardrive
    2GB RAM
    2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

If possible I'd like to also sell the display, which is:

ViewSonic VA1930wm-3
    1440 x 900

I might get next to nothing for them (compared to the price of the iMac) but I want to make sure that whatever I'm selling them through will get me the best price. I'm open to Gazelle or eBay, or any other reputable company that I can trust. I haven't had the best experience with selling things on eBay (my iPad 2 sat untouched for two weeks without one response, but, of course, that was just after the iPad 3 was announced).

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if someone who has had experience with selling/buying Macs/iOS Devices/iPods could help me.

Thanks in advance!
  2. macrumors 65816

Dec 31, 2008
    When I was looking at minis on eBay a couple weeks ago, 2009's like yours were selling for around $350 - just the mini, no accessories, monitor, etc. Keep in mind you'll lose 10% or so in fees, though. Best of luck!
  3. macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
    I would say

$250-300 for the computer and $50-60 for the monitor. Can go up based in no cosmetic/functional issues and general care of the equipment.

If selling through an online site, factor in shipping costs/fees

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2011