Late shipping on a refurb order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrgreen4242, Feb 14, 2005.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Bah - I ordered a refurb iMac on Thursday, about 9am Pacific, and it said ships in 1-2 business day. So my order status said that it would ship 'on or before 2/14/05'... well, it's still listed as Open and hasn't shipped. :( Just venting, I'll have to call Apple tomorrow to see what's up, maybe I can get them to expidite my shipping for free or something. I was really hoping they would get it out in the first day, so that it could be on the road over the weekend, but now it'll have been like 5 days since I placed my order... Maybe they are updating the iMacs tomorrow morning! Hehe. Anyone else have any experience with slow shipping on refurb items?

Rob

*EDIT*
    Realized I hadn't checked my email today, and I've got a message from Apple saying that my billing address didn't match the address my bank has on record. :rolleyes: I moved in like August, so I am sure they have my address, but I'll have to fix this up with them now. In fact, I ordered some RAM from Newegg the day after I orderd the iMac and it shipped fine, it'll be here tomorrow. Bah, I'll never have a new Mac at this rate, I should just go down to the Apple store and spend the extra $100 on one.

2. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Refurb PB 12" 1.33

... I as well, purchased a Refurb. A PB 12" 1.33, It says " On or before 2/22/05, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I hope you get your's soon. :)

3. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I always figured that since the refurbs were only sparadically listed they would only be offered if they were actually available, so there shouldn't be any delays in sending them out... :( Mine still says On or Before 2/14/05, even though it's now 2/15/05 here (EST), and it'll be the 15th in California in about 2 hours. If Apple misses their ship date, do they ever offer any sort of 'bonus gift'?

I also just noticed that they have SP 1.8ghz PMs in the refurb store... Probably wouldn't have affected my order, but would have me think a lot harder about it!

Rob

4. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Bah! Got everything straightened out, but it wasn't even my, Apple, or my banks fault, really... the company that handles the CC transactions for my bank wasn't current with my bank records for some reason, so they jacked it up. ANyways, now Apple says that someone has to 'review' my order and it won't be shipped 'till tomorrow, the 16th! So likely will be next week before it ships.

I'm usually pretty patient, but I was expecting it to get here by Wednesday, not just get shipped! I'm tempted to cancel it and go buy it in the Apple store thats about an hour or 90 minutes away =P I think it's all a devious plot for Apple to get me to buy a new iMac rather than a refurb!

Sorry, I hate when people get on the board and complain about stuff like this.. I'm not really complaining, just venting... I am basically off of work till April when I start a new job, so I am bored out of my mind... I'd like to play WoW or something between now and then, but I can't till this darn computer gets here...

Rob