Latest Java 6 Appers A Red X On Mac Osx

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by couto27, Jun 28, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 10, 2008
    hi all,
    my dad has a small business , and now our goverment as implement a new law that all the contracts with goverment should be achive in internet.

1- certificate digital for projects vba
    2-latest java 6
    3-use windwos ,mac , or linux
    4-digital signature

the problem
    the goverment website send by email a id and a password for download the certificate digital vba for install in a computer and create a personnel certificate , so that when we acess the website it would recognize the certificate and the connection would be encrypted.

but is not working on a mac osx tiger , or leopard .
    it appers a red x insted of java running

solucions i try

1- install the digital certificate vba in a windows machine and create the personnel certificate in windows and it works.

i copy de personnel certificate copy to mac and install it in the keychain

2- i try different java versions leopard or tiger
    3- i try reinstall my leopard and try it with diferent versions of leopard and java versions
    4- i try contact website for support , they dont no whats the cause, they are investigating
    5- i try contact 1-800-my-apple in usa the anser was to try diferrent browsers
    6- i try all the browsers i now for mac the problem remains

my question for all ??

1- the problem is the goverment server is only compatible with windows machines?

2- the problem is the safari is a 32 bits browser and java 6 is 64 bits ?

3-there are any 64 bits browser for mac ( i already try browser64 not working) ????

thanks all.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2005
    Cramlington, UK
    I don't know what is wrong, but have you tried setting the version of Java for Applets? You can set various Java options, including specifying Java 6 64 bit for applets, by running Java Preferences in Utilities.

ß e n
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 10, 2008
    yes , i put 64 bits first ,but with no results
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 10, 2008
  5. macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2008
    North Shore, MA
    Try opening the site with Firefox then attaching the file "~/Library/Logs/Java Console.log" to this thread (where '~' is the path of your home directory).