Latest MBP, is this as good as it gets?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by M. Malone, Nov 2, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    hello, I am interested in getting a portable mac to replace my 3 year old 12" PowerBook, I have a 20" iMac CD so getting a newer mac portable isn't a MUST cause the iMac serves me well, but when I'm away from home it gets frustrating at times with the PowerBook, so as you can see a powerful portable at the moment isn't a must, but I would really like one.

I waited on the the C2D MBP hoping for a case touch up, like the no latch and the easy access harddrive. and a higher resolution on the screen. now this new one is released, it's nice, but it isn't that big of a deal, what I wanted is a higher resolution screen, my friend was saying that hoping for a higher resolution 15" screen is unrealistic because the current resolution is pretty high as it is for 15". is that true? and are we ever getting a new design on this machine or is Apple just sticking to this one? thanks.
  2. brikeh macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2006
    Re the screen, I think its pretty high res as it is. What is it about the casedesign you dont like? What would you like to see? Personally I love the Aluminum case and the looks of it.
  3. prady16 macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2006
    Right There --->
    Since you already have a working PB and are not in dire need of a MBP, i think you should wait for leopard and santa rosa. With that you could also possibly expect a case redesign.
    Btw, i have the new MBP and it is simple awesome. :)
  4. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    ever? i can 100% guarantee we will get a totally new design of the laptops eventually.

thing to remember about any new case design, is that it bumps the machine to a revision A; the c2d MBP is now a revision B/C and it looks like no mooing, much cooler, etc... the bugs have (mostly) been worked out and now you have a very solid machine. i have a last revision Titanium PB and its rock solid for the same reason.

just something to consider.