Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
hello, I am interested in getting a portable mac to replace my 3 year old 12" PowerBook, I have a 20" iMac CD so getting a newer mac portable isn't a MUST cause the iMac serves me well, but when I'm away from home it gets frustrating at times with the PowerBook, so as you can see a powerful portable at the moment isn't a must, but I would really like one.

I waited on the the C2D MBP hoping for a case touch up, like the no latch and the easy access harddrive. and a higher resolution on the screen. now this new one is released, it's nice, but it isn't that big of a deal, what I wanted is a higher resolution screen, my friend was saying that hoping for a higher resolution 15" screen is unrealistic because the current resolution is pretty high as it is for 15". is that true? and are we ever getting a new design on this machine or is Apple just sticking to this one? thanks.

brikeh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2006
Re the screen, I think its pretty high res as it is. What is it about the casedesign you dont like? What would you like to see? Personally I love the Aluminum case and the looks of it.

prady16

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
Right There --->
Since you already have a working PB and are not in dire need of a MBP, i think you should wait for leopard and santa rosa. With that you could also possibly expect a case redesign.
Btw, i have the new MBP and it is simple awesome. :)

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
are we ever getting a new design on this machine or is Apple just sticking to this one? thanks.

ever? i can 100% guarantee we will get a totally new design of the laptops eventually.

thing to remember about any new case design, is that it bumps the machine to a revision A; the c2d MBP is now a revision B/C and it looks like no mooing, much cooler, etc... the bugs have (mostly) been worked out and now you have a very solid machine. i have a last revision Titanium PB and its rock solid for the same reason.

just something to consider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.