launchd-Daemons run every second

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by mehdies, Nov 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi guys,

How i create a .plist file in /Library/LaunchDaemons that runs a executable file every second?

i mean my application execute every second.

thanks

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors 68040

What are you trying to do exactly? With a 1 second time frame it sounds like you would want to keep the application alive and run it in a loop with a one second sleep instead.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Yes,I exactly want to keep application alive.how can i do that?

5. macrumors 68040

With launchd and by setting a KeepAlive property to true in the property list that is associated with your program/script. The reason I asked what you where doing is that it sounds suspiciously much like polling and there may be better options available.

6. thread starter macrumors member

I have an application .... this application has connection with kernel(a kext) and get a buffer from kext and write to file.i want to increase speed of getting and writing process so when buffer has even 1 character my daemon get that and write to file.
    My application must check the buffer consecutive.
    Now could you help me?

Thanks

7. macrumors 68040

I did, use the KeepAlive property and set it to true in your property list. I don't know off the top of my head what options you have besides polling in your particular case, but it's probably worth investigating.