Launching remote desktop multiple times

Discussion in 'macOS' started by keymoo, Jun 11, 2005.

1. keymoo macrumors member

Hi

I have several windows machines on my network and want to launch remote desktop multiple times in order to access them. How do I do that?

Thanks,
    keymoo

2. skp574 macrumors 6502

Can be done...

I have been trying to do the same thing on a Mac too. It's simple to do it from a Windows machine, you just open RDC again.

However, on a Mac if you try to open RDC again, it takes you back to your current open remote desktop session and there is no way of opening a new session at the same time.

In order to get round the above, I copied the RDC application and put it on the desktop and renamed it to something like "Remote Desktop Connection 2". If you open the orginal (in your applications folder) it opens. Then connect to your remote computer. Fine, works. Open up the the copy on your desktop and it opens too. Again, connect to your second remote machine. It works. I managed two simultaneous remote sessions, across a VPN to my office.

I guess if you need to access more than two machines at a time you will need to make multiple copies of RDC and run each in turn. There must be something in the RDC programme that only allows one copy of itself to run at a time (unless you change the location and filename that is.)

Hope that helps.

3. keymoo thread starter macrumors member

That is not too elegant. Why can't I just hold down Option and click the icon? Is there no other way, really?

Why have you got three iPods? Three sets of ears? :p