Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahjdp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Denmark
Hi

In my launchpad on my MacBook with OS X Lion, the apps in launchpad will not stay in the sorting I have made. When I restart my computer, the apps are placed the old way.

I'm pretty new in Mac-world, so any help would be nice :)

Regards Dennis

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
searching this forum is a good place to start, there are threads about this..;)

check out launchpad-control (try macupdate.com), but i'd suggest reading some threads here first about launchpad, and it's quirky behavior...

ahjdp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Denmark
searching this forum is a good place to start, there are threads about this..;)

check out launchpad-control (try macupdate.com), but i'd suggest reading some threads here first about launchpad, and it's quirky behavior...

Thanks a'lot. Searching of launchpad-control helped. :)

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
It's a bug that Apple has never bothered to fix. Launchpad-Control does not fix it. Whenever it starts messing up, a complete rebuild of the arrangement database is necessary.

Believe it or not, as of 10.8, the OS X version in development, still hasn't got this fixed.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
It's a bug that Apple has never bothered to fix. Launchpad-Control does not fix it. Whenever it starts messing up, a complete rebuild of the arrangement database is necessary.

Believe it or not, as of 10.8, the OS X version in development, still hasn't got this fixed.

if my launchpad icons get messed up (and they do sometimes), i reload the database of my launchpad-control backup, and am back in business.

apple needs to offer some options, control, over launchpad. 10.9? sigh...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.