laura bush under attack from AFA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 17, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

from agape press. note that agape press is closely associated with the so-called american family assocation, the group that helped evict the book of daniel from the air.

earlier this week, mrs bush cautioned the GOP about its stance towards gays. the AFA is now fighting back.

this puts mr bush in an interesting position. will he side with his wife or pander to the christian right?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My guess? He'll side with the uber-right. Bros before hos, right? :p

3. emmawu macrumors 6502

Does anyone really CARE about what Laura Bush thinks. The clone of the Stepford wives, but she doesn't use enough makeup and wears pants.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It's just a matter of testing the waters as well as a warning shot over the bows that the repubs are not going to stake the midterms on such a suicidal issue.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Here we go. [​IMG] This'll be what the GOP uses to drive their bigot base to the polls in 2008.

From what? Is there a federal effort afoot to keep men and women from marrying?

Y'know, it's nice to watch these people falling apart and attacking each other. They're not only more moral than we liberals, they're apparently more moral than each other. :rolleyes:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I doubt they'll try that again. It's like abortion. They talk big, make a few little efforts here and there that they know will be judged unConstitutional, then make a bigger fuss over how they can't get anything done that they want to, even if they have the majority. They're base is getting frustrated because they made promises and didn't follow through. So you have a lot of disillusioned zealots who don't trust their leaders to follow through, and a whole lot of conservatives and moderates who care more about things that are far more important than a couple of dudes who want to get married. I'm not saying it won't be mentioned, but I don't think it will get as much play as last time. That's why they're trying to push stuff like immigration. Nothing else is getting the right response from people, and even that is backfiring.

Even worse, this could backfire as people stop worrying so much about homosexuality as the fact that the government is wasting it's time of issues that don't really have much impact on daily life as much as gas prices, the economy, healthcare, and even terrorism do.

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Just a side note, but it's not a news flash that Mrs. Bush disagrees with her husband on some major issues. For example, it was made clear pretty early on that she doesn't share his pro-life beliefs. (No, I don't have a link to back this up, but it's come up in past interviews with them.)