Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage9.png

Laurene Powell Jobs (left) sitting next to Chelsea Clinton -- Image via @joelagro67
Laurene Powell Jobs, the newest nominee to Stanford University's Board of Trustees, was spotted at the Democratic National Convention sitting next to former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton -- prime seating on a night when Clinton's father, former President Bill Clinton, was giving a major address. Powell Jobs has supported Democratic causes in the past, both financially and by volunteering her time.

Note: Due to the inevitable political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Laurene Powell Jobs Spotted Next to Chelsea Clinton at Democratic National Convention

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Laurene Powell Jobs (left) sitting next to Chelsea Clinton -- Image via @joelagro67
Laurene Powell Jobs, the newest nominee to Stanford University's Board of Trustees, was spotted at the Democratic National Convention sitting next to former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton -- prime seating on a night when Clinton's father, former President Bill Clinton, was giving a major address. Powell Jobs has supported Democratic causes in the past, both financially and by volunteering her time.

Article Link: Laurene Powell Jobs Spotted Next to Chelsea Clinton at Democratic National Convention

She's a babe!

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I knew she looked familiar!

I thought Steve was a Republican? Or was he secretly a Democrat? :eek: Uh oh, looks like the Republicans won't be buying the iPhone 5!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I love the disclaimer at the bottom. Not many adults on this site, despite how old some may be.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Steve was a smart guy, and so it goes that Laurene is a smart lady. She admittedly cares about things like education and children's safety, and assumably cares about things like progress on healthcare, scientific funding, and women's health/rights. It makes sense. I am so not surprised by this, but nonetheless pleased.

I wonder if she will continue to find herself in a bit of the spotlight since Steve's passing.

trrosen

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2003
Eh

Not a big surprise the Clinton's used to stay at Steve's house when they visited Chelsea at Stanford.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
Outstanding speech by President Clinton! The man sure knows how to fire up a crowd!

Mark

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Bill Clinton just completely pummeled the republicans and made them look like complete idiots. His speech actually had substance and facts.

Well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.