Lawsuit claims doctor exploited dying Beatle George Harrison

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eyelikeart, Jan 7, 2004.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

:rolleyes: Pretty pathetic. I'm interested to see where this lawsuit ends.

story here

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I read the article in the subway this morning... illegal or not it's really in bad taste (and unprofessional) for the doctor to even ask. A doctor is responsible for the patients care. For the doctor to ask for something from a patient who is dying, is just bad form.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If it's true, which I see no reason why it wouldn't be (why would this be made up, the Harrison estate hardly needs the money), then this is absolutely disgusting, he should be heavily fined and his license to practice medicine revoked.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

It's deplorable behavior but so is the "compulsive suing" habit that the beetles's clan seems to have developped over the years. I guess the declining sales of Beetles album, their refusal to embrace new technologies and their expensive lifestyle is starting to make the clan think of alternative methods of raking in money. I hope I won't get sued for voicing this opinion ^_^

6. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I dunno, none of us know how this happened. Maybe Harrison was like, hey doc, thanks for your help, anything I can do you you?

7. iGav macrumors G3

true... 2 sides to every story...

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

too little too late. if the estate's claim is true, he should lose his medical license, doing this would have put him in conflict of interest-- harrison's dying would make the guitar more valuable, especially if it was the last autograph he did. so the doctor stood to profit from his death. not that i think he would have, or did, do anything to precipitate the death, but it's still hugely unethical.

as was said before, i just don't see why they'd make this up. tho, i don't see how they'll prove it, either...

paul