Layout

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dualburn001, Apr 28, 2002.

1. dualburn001 macrumors regular

I have to make this layout for a health site dealing with massage, and I'm stumped on ideas. Can anoyone draw some inspiration into me?

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

3. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

YUCK

any site that requires iframes is the devil

the site absolutely hates omniweb!!!!

as for ideas for the design... since it's about health & massage you should use really light colors; for some reason i imagine the site having "wisps" of color or text

you should keep the design fairly simple & clean no matter what... i'm getting annoyed by complex sites with lots of movement (flash) or visually distracting items

good luck!

4. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

i completely agreee with you on the simple and the light colors idea, but what do you mean "wisps" of color?

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

kishba's points are good ones. Here's my opinion:

What do people think of when they hear the word(s) health and/or massage?

I think of nature, clear running water, green leafy trees waving in a gentle breeze...something that expresses life and relaxation.

Colors: light blues and greens, offset with maybe a dark yellow or brown

Suggestions of leaves, water etc. for design elements...

Anyway, that's my amateur opinion...:)

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

_my_GAWD_ I was only trying to help. if you people are going to be so closed minded about browsers and web technologies that you criticize the fact that I post a site that happens to use iframes, then fine I wont post here anymore

7. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

calm down!!!!!! he wasn't attacking you, he just didn't like the site.

8. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

sorry... i just was expecting to be able to look at a new site, i was simply offended by the message they had

it said something along the lines of "your browser is way out of date" and to upgrade to "something better like IE 5 or Netscape 6"

it even had that sarcasm

and as for the "wisp" idea... i mean like air & scents... i don't know how else to describe it (sorry :() but i thought of the term because i was trying to think of my senses and how people relax...

9. iGav macrumors G3

I quite like http://www.styleboost.com/

So it doesn't work on all types of browser....... most sites don't..... the styleboost look is clean, and uncluttered, with sound use of earth colours and shades..... I like it........ :)

It certainly is a cool portal, and one that I've never seen before..... cheers for posting Choppaface, I appreciate it!! ;) all goes in the research kitty!!

As for advice for dualburn001 on the massage site, the obvious way to approach it would be to use cleaner, uncluttered design, with soft shades, natural feel etc etc......

I'd ask myself one question though......

What would make this site then stand out from all the other massage/health sites that all share the same look and feel??

Check out this site to see how they deal with natural/harmony type things, sure it's a little out of the usual, but it's a world away from the usual, cliche' ridden design that usually filters through on this type of work.....

www.shimano.com

I used to love the little brouchures shimano used to produce to advertise their products, the images and the wording they used were very evocative!!

Just a suggestion though......... hope it helps you alittle!! or suggest other avenues!!