LCD Display for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheBobcat, Nov 1, 2006.

1. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Hey guys-

I'm thinking about getting an LCD Widescreen display for my MacBook Pro. Since it's my first Mac, I just wanted to make sure - all DVI monitors should work with it, right? I just wanted to make sure before I got one.

Also, any suggestions on LCD monitors besides the Cinema? I can't really afford those on my college student's non-salary.

I'm looking for 21-22 inch, and the most bang for the buck.

I appreciate your input, thanks!
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    Yes, any dvi should work. vga, too, cause it comes with an adapter.. but you'll want dvi for the best quality.

anyways, take a look at the Dell monitors. I have the 24" and it's amazing. much better prices, too, and a TON of inputs (so, if you have a 360 or a tv setup you'd want to add.. or whatever.. it'll all hook up to it).

if you do go with dell, check eBay for the 20% off coupons. I got my 24" for 670 shipped, and my fiance got two of the 20-inchers for the same price.
  3. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Sep 29, 2003
    I too am in the same situation. I finally decided to get a dell monitor but now im just waiting till I can find a 20% off coupon on ebay that hasnt already expired. I am going to go with the 20" though because I dont see the 24" being worth almost double.