lcd for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tim2006, Feb 21, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2006
    Was thinking about 20 in cinema display for my MBP but they so expensive, anyone else have the cinema display or another display to suggest. I have an old 15 in sony lcd but the res is lower than the MBP and when you put it next to the notebook it looks bad. anyone hook up to a lcd tv flat or rear projection?
  2. SavageLLama77 macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2007
    I wouldn't settle for anything less that an Apple Cinema Display. They are absolutely gorgeous, especially compared to ugly plastic Dell monitors. Think about it, this monitor is like a piece of furniture and you'll be looking at it every day. Even better, the ACDs are higher quality and go well with your sleek aluminum MBP :)
  3. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    Unless you are a "Pro" I would "unfortunately" recommend a Dell. I have a 24" Dell, and it works great. Has plenty of inputs, looks great at 1920 by 1200 resolution, and is plenty cheaper than an ACD. Very good quality pciture as well (you can check CNET etc for reviews). There are tons of threads that argue for and againt the Dells, but the reality is, if budget is an issue these are a great solution. Please avoid buying the "TV" monitor- you won't be happy with the resolution or quality.