LCD monitor spanning with ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jtgotsjets, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    so anyway, i may be in the market for a small external LCD monitor for my iBook to span onto (with that hack), but i have a few questions.

has anyone else tried the monitor spanning hack with their ibooks? can the video card handle it ok?

second question, what LCD should i get?

I want it to be able to be hooked up using the adaptor that came with the ibook itself.
    I want a fairly small one. my desk has a shelf on it that limits the height of things on the desk to about a foot and an inch or two.
    I want something on the cheap side, but without sacrificing resolution (other quality issues aren't a huge deal, as long as its not falling apart on me. i'm not gonna be gaming on it or doing graphic design with it, i just want some extra screen space, as the 12" screen is a little limiting on a desk.)
  2. kant macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    I use it with a CRT. Works fine. I'm not trying to play games with it on though. :)
  3. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    I just got a SyncMaster 712n for about $360 after rebate (Best Buy), lovely 17" monitor, great response time, contrast ration, etc..