Lcd + Ps2!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Falleron, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Ok, here is a question! Is it possible to hook up a PS2 to the studio display (17") to watch a dvd without the computer? This would enable me to me to move my LCD about + still use it to watch DVD's. Any ideas??

2. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Not really

Sorry, Falleron, but I´ve got a PS2 too ;) and there is no option to connect the console to the Apple LCD. The LCD has an ADC Connector, this is digital inclusive the power for the screen. The PS2 only has RGB-Scart in the best case. And even then it would output DVDs tinted in green without a software hack... You cant get the PS2 picture on the screen...

Except for my solution: Use Formac Studio (rules if youre into video) and connect the PS2 via Chinch to the Studio and use Tevion to display the PS2 on your comp screen! You can even watch TV with it, BUT it requires a lot of processor power to display it smoothly in full resolution.
    Advantage: PS2 on your Computer! You can even capture scenes and gameplay with Tevion or iMovie or compatible in full speed and resolution!
    Disadvantage: Display is slow with my iMac400 (maybe 12 fps?), and captured image is only transferred via Chinch (-->less image quality.. but you won´t recognize that when watching it on TV - or even convert it to QT)

Hope ths helps!:rolleyes:

3. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Oh, sounds like the easiest option is to get another tv!

4. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Ahhmmm....

Why ANOTHER TV? Doesn´t make sense. If you have a TV, the PS2 will happily go with it. Of course it is the cheapest possibility of them all - unless the 17" Studio Display will cost under € 300 :D

5. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

TV just broke + need a new one. It was just an idea because I would have liked to use the LCD as the screen, just for looks (Just go the LCD with my new 1Ghz DP).

6. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Wow, congratulations, you´ve bought what I´m still dreaming of!! :D
    But for PS2 you´ll need a TV. But thinking of the PS2 connected to a cinema display... it would certainly rock!

Just tried to connect my USB Soundsticks and the iSub to the PS2. Argh, it didn´t work. That would have been awesome!

7. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Use a propper Hi-Fi, mine is a Technics (very good make)! This will give awsome explosions!! It works great for me in Unreal + Quake!! The whole floor vibrate with the bass.