LCD Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ratman, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ratman macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2002
    I know this has nothing to do with rumors or anything (i guess thats why its in the general discussion section) but on tuesday i got my dual processer with a 17" apple lcd and since ive been using it ive been getting headaches and my eyes have been hurting. It might be just that the graphics are so much better than im used to and ill get over it. But is there a certain distance that the lcd should be placed away from you, for optimum viewing or for possible lack of headache in my case.
  2. voicegy macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
  3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    I am not sure about Apple's lcd screens, but I do know that I had virtually zero eye strain while I had a ViewSonic lcd on my desk at work. I had to give it up several months ago (was an evaluation unit) and I miss it. I eventually picked up a slightly smaller one for home (had an 18.1" at work, bought an 17.4" for home) and love it.

The only other lcd that I can compare the ViewSonic to is one mage by SGI. The ViewSonic models beat the SGI hands down.

I get no headaches when in front of the lcd screen (same as when I had one at work), and can sit in front of it for hours on end (8+ with no problem). The same is true when using my TiBook.
  4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    It may just be me but at work I use a dual-800 with twin 22" cinema screens and I get a bad neck quite often with all the turning and quick glances.

With OSX and twin screens its just like having two computers, ish!