LCD screen cleaning product?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jackie.Cane, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Jackie.Cane macrumors member

My iBook screen is pretty filthy but haven't attempted to clean it out of fear that I will leave marks or damage of some kind. Can someone recommend a good LCD cleaning product? Thanks loads. :)

2. wchong macrumors 6502

use a microfiber cloth such as the one that one uses for eyeglasses.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

The Apple store here uses iKlear on everything (cases and screens).

4. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Actually, depending on where the OP lives, the tap water may contain minerals that could--over time--scratch the screen.

I've used iKlear for over a year, with great success. One kit has lasted a year, with probably about a 6-8 months left.

http://www.iklear.com/

They sell them at Apple Stores in a nice kit with a spray bottle, the portable Wipes, a small Microfiber cloth, a large Microfiber cloth, and a free keyboard protector. Great value.

ok, i know this sounds harsh, but if you don't wanna spend the money just use windex and a tissue. I have an ibook and have used windex or simular with a normal tissue many many times and have had NO issues what so ever. Just spritz on the tissue and wipe and maybe a separate tissue for drying. If you are really concerned just get eyeglass or lense cleaner kit for a camera and use that. :D

7. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

This is a bad solution, for two reasons. The Windex will slowly damage the screen, and the tissues will leave microscopic scratches because they're paper-based.

Use tap water and a microfiber cloth, like Apple recommends.

8. devman macrumors 65816

devman

9. Jackie.Cane thread starter macrumors member