Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BicyclePunk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2002
Somewhere near Philadelphia
Please don't flame if this isn't the best place for this question. But I am wondering if anyone could suggest a decent NON-APPLE LCD flat monitor for me to buy. I like the apples, but I want to tile 2 montiors and the Apples are waaaaayyyy too expensive for that kind of stuff. Thanks.

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
I'm totally satisfied with my 17" Cornea monitor. It's got inputs for VGA, DVI, S-Video, and Composite Video, plus a built-in TV Tuner! So you could conceivably hook up your computer to it with VGA or DVI, your DVD player or Video camera to it with S-Video, your Playstation to it with Composite Video, and your cable box to the TV Tuner (coaxial cable). Here's a link to the product at J&R:

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage....d=1&Section_Id=&Product_Id=2991092&showcase=t

I bought it for $650 about two months ago, but as you can see its price has already dropped to $600 (and I've seen it for even less at other sites). It was the best value I saw for a 17" monitor two months ago, and it's an even better deal now. The DVI connection is key, since you want to make sure your purchase is an investment in the future, and the cheapo 17" monitors that are selling for $500 only have a VGA connection.

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
Widescreen!!

I need to get a display soon too, for my girlfriend's soon-to-be-ordered Dual 1Ghz. But I am in love with the widescreen format; should I wait to see if an Apple 19" display is released in Jan.? Does anyone else make a widescreen lcd that is worth considering?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.