lcd tv as a monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by absolutmp5, Apr 24, 2005.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

hey well i was walking through the local mall yesterday and low and behold i found a dell stand. At the stand i saw one of their lcd tvs, i think 26 inch one, but the cool thing was that it had windows running on that huge screen. Im just wondering would mac os look good on a screen like that at the say 1200x780 svga resolution. Also is mac coming out with lcd tvs of their own.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Why would you want to have a desktop this big?

[​IMG]

There are some other pics of plasmas and LCD tvs around, but I don't want to wade through the search.

3. NatronB macrumors regular

26" Dell LCD

I have the Dell 26" LCD hooked up to my PB G4 12" Rev. A. I span the monitors and use the PiP to display Live TV. The resolution isn't the greatest, and the refresh rate leaves something to be desired, but honestly, I love it. Those Dells are fairly priced and have about a million inputs. Highly recommended.

-N

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The dell 24" LCD monitor is only $200 more and it offers much higher resolution. It can do full HD resolution not just 720p. It also has inputs for composite, component, and s-video. This would work great for a desktop and a HDTV. Though you will need external speakers.

5. absolutmp5 thread starter macrumors regular

doesnt the dell 24 inch monitor only act as a lcd monitor and not a tv. wouldn't i have to buy a tuner or something or a hdtv card for the mac for it to work?