LCD Wall Mounts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xfiftyfour, Oct 27, 2006.

1. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Hey,

I'm thinking about mounting my Dell 2407wfp to the wall to free up some space, and hopefully handle cables a bit better.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had done this, and what mounts you suggested? I don't want an arm, just a mount that keeps it rather close to the wall.

I'd prefer not to spend too much on this. Also, I'd prefer a mount that still lets me have some pivot/tilt control.

Any thoughts?

PS: Yes, I know I can go browse Amazon and the like - and I will! - but I'd rather buy something others have already had success with.

2. dcv macrumors G3

I wall-mounted my iMac G5 a few months ago and for that I just bought a cheap VESA mount from eBay, think it was around £30ish GBP. Just choose one that tilts/turns so you can get to the cables easily and still be able to adjust the monitor to different viewing positions.

Here's a photo of the wall-mount.

3. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

I would look into OmniMounts, they are very good mounts and I personally put one in my room with my 20" ACD. You can find them for 1/3 price of retail on ebay. Just make sure that they are 100 x 100 VESA compliant.

Picture of what my OmniMount looks like on the wall.

4. xfiftyfour thread starter macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Thanks for the quick responses!

Especially thanks re: Omnimounts - exactly what I was looking for (ie: what brands are popular/trusted).

5. xfiftyfour thread starter macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Hey, thanks again for the suggestion. I ended up grabbing an OmniMount off eBay for $25 shipped (retails for more than $60!.. sweet!).

6. Renovatio macrumors regular

Renovatio

Just curious ... in your picture you have a faceplate mounted on the wall that you have the cables running through. I am planning on a similar solution and am just curous where you got the faceplate and how much it was.

Thanks a bunch!