LCD: Which one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Billicus, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I've been thinking about getting a 15" or 17" LCD to go with my 17" PowerBook with DVI. I'd either like DVI or VGA, but I'd like to spend <$200 or so... My problem is that there are just so many monitor options that I don't know where to start. Any recommendations or places that I could get a good deal on and LCD like this? Thanks. :)

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Dell frequently has web coupons for huge savings on its displays. I would recommend trying to find such a coupon, or waiting around until they introduce a new one, and you'll almost certainly be able to get a 17'' for less than $200. They also frequently have coupons that bring their 20'' displays to about $500. The most recent display coupons that I know about expired 3 days ago, though.

3. itsbetteronamac macrumors regular

Yeah, sad to say it, but dells probably your best bet. Dell has great LCD's @ great prices. Sorry their ugly though ;)

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I recommend the CMV CT 726D 17" LCD monitor. It is a great monitor as it is a 16.7M colour display as opposed to Dell which is only 16.2M colours. Plus it also includes a dead pixel warranty which some suppliers don't provide.

You can buy it at Newegg for $215

Attached Files:

5. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Have any of you guys used these monitors in question? How well did you like them?

Thanks,

Billicus