'Leaf Trombone: World Stage' Arrives in App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 15, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Leaf Trombone: World Stage [App Store, $0.99], the latest application from Smule, has been released and is now available in the App Store at an introductory price of $0.99. Originally demoed at Apple's iPhone OS 3.0 media event last month, Leaf Trombone: World Stage is a musical instrument application in the vein of Smule's popular Ocarina application.

Leaf Trombone: World Stage allows iPhone users to combine breath and multi-touch input to create melodies with the sound of a trombone. A "touch-only" mode is also available for iPod touch users.
    Gizmodo points to an amusing demo of the application by Rhett & Link, who tackle "Movin' on Up", the theme song from the '70s and '80s television show The Jeffersons.

Article Link: 'Leaf Trombone: World Stage' Arrives in App Store

2. macrumors regular

I just got it, it's actually a lot of fun :D

3. macrumors 68000

dongmin

the music video is priceless

4. macrumors 6502a

That's a great video. I hadn't heard of those guys before, I'll have to check them out.

5. macrumors 65816

Is it just me or is the menu flow totally non-existent in this app? Once I choose an option on the main screen, there's no way to get back to the main menu on most screens. Once I choose whether I want to have it play via touch or by blowing into the mic, there's no way to change that setting later. I can barely get any sound out of it using the mic (and I'm unable to change the input method away from this).. it's not just that I suck at blowing, because I immediately loaded up Ocarina and I can play it just fine blowing in the same direction/speed/etc.

I'm using the 3.0 beta firmware... is anyone else on the beta experiencing this? It makes the app mostly useless for the time being

6. macrumors regular

That video should definitely be used by Smule to sell the app. It's awesome.

7. macrumors member

Blowing doesn't work for me either (normal OS).

The menus and navigation work just fine though.

8. macrumors member

Greg McBride

I'm having the same issue. I'm also running 3.0 Beta, so it may be related to that. Anyone running 2.x experiencing the same issue?

9. macrumors regular

Aw, Hell... I thought this was a rusty trombone app... Oh, well. Maybe one day

10. macrumors 6502

they have rusty trombone apps...little gross hahaha. i romanced my girlfriend with the you are my sunshine song on this app. really easy to use. alot easier than ocarina

11. macrumors regular

i dont really like it. i prefer ocarina. i regret buying this app.

12. macrumors 603

netdog

I see a lot of water sensors turning red, and the warranty department at Apple breaking into broad smiles.

13. macrumors newbie

I absolutely...

love this application... i'm constantly looking for new songs :)