Leaked Pentagon report warns climate change may bring famine, war: report

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Penman, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penman macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2004
  2. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2003
    RI -> CA -> ME

That's scary.

It's scary that people still doubt the changes that are happening.
  3. Torajima macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    Re: Leaked Pentagon report warns climate change may bring famine, war: report

This is old news. There was an in depth report about this on the Fortune website about a month ago. Check it out, as it's better written and goes into far more detail.

EDIT: Now that I've actually read the Observer's article, I don't know if I'd compare them to the Times, Post, or Tribune. They seem to be a liberal rag, and the main point of this article seems to be to attack George Bush.

Now, I'm no Bush fan, but this is *NOT* a secret document. As I said, it's been on Fortune's website since January.

This is from Fortune:
  4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    It sounds to me like this is a contengency report on what would happen if the climate changed. Not that the climate is changing and we need to be ready. I am sure that the Pentagon has detailed reports on strategies of war if Britain were to launch a nuclear strike on New York. It certainly doesn't mean that it is going to happen, it just isn't an impossibility.
  5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Water Warz, it's already heading in that direction where the population exceeds the supply (Especially CA, NV, AZ fighting for their share of the water -- where the big dam's lakes are shrinking into ponds.)

There are even some documents floating around to begin the process of developing means of handling the water wars they expect to develop between states/cities.

Here in AZ, they are already starting to cut supplies to farmers by a third -- net result, less food available in the future.

But of course AZ in slightly oblivious to the problem since they consider Phoenix a lush oasis in the desert -- and continue to build pools, grassy yards, and golf courses.

When traditional desert scapes and public/community pools are less impactful on the water supply.

So the shifting water suppy can cause famine in the future if the water continues to shift away from traditional farming areas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.