Leaked Screenshots From Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 8, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Twitter user @BWilks2001 today posted a series of screenshots (via AppleInsider) claimed to be from Apple's forthcoming Final Cut Pro X and associated Motion 5 release, potentially offering a further glimpse at what users can expect in the next-generation professional video production suite.

The screenshots are primarily from Motion 5 and reveal such aspects as the Project Browser, rigging functions, and color adjustment functionalities. According to the poster, a revamped version of Color is also said to be on the way, although no screenshots were provided.

The screenshots have since been pulled from TwitPic, with the poster claiming or at least assuming that Apple is responsible for the removal, although there appears to be no confirmation of that. The authenticity of the images has also not been verified.

Apple demoed Final Cut Pro X back in April at the Final Cut Pro User Group Network SuperMeet held in conjunction with the National Association of Broadcasters' NAB Show 2011 in Las Vegas. At the time, the company announced that Final Cut Pro X would launch via the Mac App Store in June priced at $299, but did not provide any details on other Final Cut Studio apps such as Motion and Color. Subsequent reports had indicated that the version of Final Cut Pro X demoed at the event was "nowhere near" the final version and that more info on other Final Cut Studio applications would be forthcoming in due time.

Article Link: Leaked Screenshots From Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2007
    The Twitter account no longer exists, so chances are these are legitimate. :)
  3. macrumors 68000

Jan 11, 2010
    Hopefully like Lion, FC Pro will also be $29. :D

Apple could price everything at $29 and call it the i29 price plan.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2011
    What? You mean Apple still makes professional software. :D
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Burlington, VT

You forgot a 9.. it is $299.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 12, 2011
    Gallifrey, 5124
    woooo final cut rumors!! i can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the studio suite. still waiting on a replacement for shake though....
  7. macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2006
    Man, more news on FCPX can't come soon enough. Heck, the release can't come soon enough. I'm tired of FCP7 chugging along on a fourth of my cores and a fourth of my RAM.

I also had a clip collision that I didn't notice yesterday, and after the 30 minutes it took to fix everything when I did notice it, I wept. It's time to move on, Apple. Sooner than later, please.
  8. macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2010
    Or is that $929 ?
  9. macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2008
    That looks really nice. I've found myself leaning on After Effects more recently, but this could entice me to start using Motion again.
  10. macrumors 68000

May 6, 2011
    Do we have a specific release date? I am too antsy, excited and worried... June is way too vague for me.
  11. macrumors demi-god

Nov 24, 2002
    Houston Texas USA
    What a sad state of affairs for me an my wallet. My initial reaction to nearly every Apple rumor I've read recently has been exactly the same:

Hurry up Apple! When can I pay for this? I want to pay for this and use it right now!
  12. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2003
    The Utah Alps
    Do people even read the article they are commenting on:
    "...the company announced that Final Cut Pro X would launch via the Mac App Store in June priced at $299, but did not provide any details on other Final Cut Studio apps such as Motion and Color"

I am very excited about this release. Maybe even as much as I was with version 1 or when RT rendering was introduced (I think version 3). I'm actually excited to edit again when lately I've been finding it to be a daily drag. I feel like I can spend so much more time on being creative and so much less time on the monotony and slowness of the idle computing power.

I just hope that it isn't missing features compared to what we have now. I wonder when in June it will be available?
  13. macrumors member

Apr 3, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple has twitter in their pocket now. Expect swift takedowns like this from now on.
  14. macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    can't wait for the release. I just hope you have the option of buying disc. Imagine the download time with all the templates :eek:
  15. macrumors member

Aug 15, 2009
    Nice! The anticipation grows. Wonder if Apple leaked these on purpose to get us talking since they haven't given us any more information since the sneak peak. Like others, I say bring it on!
  16. macrumors regular

Jun 3, 2011
    I can't wait to get this. The much more affordable state of $299 means we can expect a new generation of indecent films, which can out rank Hollywood.

(P.s. I think Apple should bring back Independant as a category on iTunes)
  17. macrumors 65816

Jul 17, 2009
    Der Wald
    I Have (Virtual) Cash In Hand....

I loved what I saw a few months ago at the sneak peek.

Bring it!!!! :cool:
  18. macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2008
    About time

This is ridiculous waiting this long....I mean it's June already! Great to see something at last. If it's still a June release then why won't Apple give us some information? Also great to here Motion will be around.....I hope.
  19. macrumors member

Oct 15, 2009
    The industry moved on to Nuke. And it's so much better too.
  20. macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I dont know... I think if anything the reaction since NAB has proven that a lot of people can't handle partial information. What was clearly stated as a "Sneak Peak" has been lambasted for what they DIDN'T show [existing features] versus what they did [new features and UI methodology].

I honestly think Apple's best move at this point is just to release the software to the AppStore with a large information page at apple.com. That way people can see the full feature set for themselves and have it ready and available for download.

There have been points in the last 2 months I wish they hadn't done the NAB sneak. It would have saved us all from a lot of armchair quarterbacking and FUD.
  21. macrumors 6502a

Jul 25, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    :mad: I know what you mean. I've always hated some of the arcane UIs/behavior that some editing programs employ. I'm really excited for FCX - looks like it improves on nearly everything that's irked me. The process of capturing, organizing, editing, and rendering all looks so much more streamlined than before. That's a great thing, because that means more brainpower for telling your story.

Man, Final Cut X, iOS 5, Lion, iCloud...this is a great summer for Apple fans! All that and a new spaceship landing in Cupertino :D
  22. macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2011
    I'm really hoping that Motion becomes more like After Effects. Hope it's gonna turn more towards visual effects. Motion thus far has been more for motion graphics and text effects, at least in my opinion.
  23. macrumors G4

Feb 5, 2009
    This is impossible. Apple's not supposed to care about Pro apps anymore, just iToys.
  24. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2008
    Why? Use Nuke - it's far more advanced than Shake ever was.
  25. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2008
    This might be a surprise, but After Effects is also primarily used for motion graphics. There are some shops using it for post, but the vast majority of post is done in Nuke or Fusion, running on Linux.