Leapord on G4/500 single

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nentendo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

hi all friend

i am new to this forum. i am just wondering that if i can install Leapord on G4/500 single proc and if i can is there any procedure i ahve to follow.

please advise

thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

The minimum requirements for Leopard are a G4 867. So barring forcing it to install, it's not an option, and I doubt it'd run exceptionally well anyway.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/techspecs/

3. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

it can be installed with some hacks but might run a little slow... i'm happy with tiger 10.4.11 and is pretty zippy on my dual 500. stick with tiger is my suggestion.

4. macrumors regular

jwdawso

Cube

I run Leopard on a 450Mhz Cube, and it runs great! I used Firewire Target mode to install it.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi jwdawso

r u running Leapord in internal drive or external drive you said you made Firewire and install it in Fiirewire than you switch your drive to internal

can you explain how you did it.

thanks

6. macrumors regular

No, he said he used Firewire Target mode. Pay attention!

It involves connecting your computer to one that meets the minimum requirement via Firewire cable, and installing from there.

Of course you could remove your drive, put it into an external case and use the qualifying computer to install it there, but that's a lot of unnecessary steps.

:cool:

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i think i might have to give this a try, on my brothers old G4 466 Digital Audio.