leasing a G4

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Gena, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Gena macrumors newbie

anyone know anything about leasing a g4?

ie, is it possible, how do you do it, what are the advantages and disadvantages, and are you stuck with the price it was at when you first leased it until you pay it off?

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I am paying mine off, if thats what you mean

its better cause you can update your computer for no additional price unless the computer cost more, so you can upto date all the time

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

You have to be careful about leasing, read the contract along with all of the fine print. Find out how long the lease term is, and what the buyout price is at the end. You might be better served with purchasing the computer, using it as long as you feel you can and then getting a new one. With that, you can sell the one you purchased before you get the new one, or trade it in towards the new one. I did that with my TiBook. I purchased the 500MHz model back when that was new, and then traded it in towards my new one when I got that (back in April). One thing you will want, is the Applecare plan, no matter which way you go.

For some people, leasing is a good thing (mainly businesses that need the write-off). But, for most regular users, purchasing the computer is a better option.